TPS Motorsports & Norcal SVTOA 6th Annual Toy/ Food Drive & Car Show
-Dec 12th, 9AM-3PM @ TPS Motorsports -All cars are invited including Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, Hondas, Dodges, BMWs, Benz, and even Yugo’s! This event is about providing for those in need.
The Mustang Shelby is a unique type of Mustang muscle car designed by Ford. Combining a distinctive and sporty appearance with a powerful engine and high performance values, the Shelby is a great car for enthusiasts, collectors, and those who like to drive fast cars. One of the best ways that you can make use […] More »
It seems like there is a factory Mustang for everyone these days. There’s the V-6 version for those who want a lot of power without high insurance premiums and high fuel-economy penalties, the GT for those who want V-8 power, the Shelby GT500 for those who want even more power, and the upcoming Boss, for those who want a track car. And now, Ford is readying a Mustang specifically for drag-strip duty.
The 2012 Cobra Jet will be available directly from the Ford Racing catalog and it is purpose-built to compete in the NHRA Stock and Super Stock racing classes. The Cobra Jet is essentially a race-ready drag-strip car straight off the showroom floor.
The 2010 Cobra Jet had fully race-prepped transmissions (a choice of manual or automatic), drag-racing specific shocks and springs, manual steering, manual brakes, and a certified roll cage.
For 2012, the list includes a 5.4-liter supercharged engine with an aluminum block and Manley H-Beam rods, black anodized wheels from Weld Racing, upgraded brakes, and a revised rear-suspension setup that includes revised spring rates. An available Whipple supercharger will help propel the car to an eight-second ET.
The full list of specs is on the next page.
Newly Available for 2012 Model Year:
- Revised 5.4L supercharged engine – different specifications/rating than 2008/2010 model
- Aluminum engine block
- Double keyed crankshaft snout
- Manley H-beam rods
- Improved low-drag racing brakes – Strange Engineering
- Improved rear suspension w/revised rear upper control arm and lower control arm mounts
- Revised and optimized spring rates front and rear
- New design black anodized Cobra Jet wheels – Weld Racing
- Goodyear tires – all new DR compound – Cobra Jet branded
- Brake pedal 2-step switch (micro)
- Optional colors – Race Red, Grabber Blue, and Winner White – no additional charge
- 430hp 5.4L DOHC supercharged engine (aluminum block)
- 2.3L TVS Supercharger with twin 65mm dual bore throttle body
- 3-Speed C4 Auto Race Transmission – Joel’s on Joy
- 9″ rear axle w/4.29:1 Axle Ratio – Strange Engineering
- NHRA Stock Eliminator legal interior
- 8.50et NHRA certified roll cage
- Estimated weight of 3,200 lbs
- Cobra Jet trim and appearance package
- Drag race wheel/tire combination (Rear Tire 30.0 x 9.0)
- Cobra Jet spring/adjustable damper tuning
- Light-weight, low-drag brakes (manual)
- Red (M-FR500-CJ12R)
- Grabber Blue (M-FR500-CJ12B)
- Winner White (M-FR500-CJ12W)
Optional Graphics Package:
- MSRP: $1,995.00
- Includes: Powered-By-Ford fender emblems, Sweeping Snake side graphics, 5.4 Cobra Jet hood graphics, Ford Racing windshield header decal, Ford oval front fascia decals, Ford oval license plate decal, FR500CJ decklid decal.
- Optional graphics may be unique to Cobra Jet body color.
Optional 4.0L Supercharger upgrade – M-6066-SCJ:
- MSRP: $9,995.00
- Step up to the most powerful combination in NHRA Super Stock. The 500hp 4.0L supercharged 2010 Cobra Jet has delivered mid-8 et’s, Class champions, divisional race winners and national records all in its first year on track!
- Ford Racing offers their exclusive upgrade kit to the base 2012 Cobra Jet for the racer looking to perform at the highest levels of NHRA Super Stock Competition.
- Kit includes supercharger, billet throttle-body, complete inlet system with 140mm billet mass-air housing, installation instructions, and exclusive Ford Racing race-ready calibration.
- Final horsepower rating TBD, rating will differ from 500hp 2010 model.
- 4.0L Supercharger upgrade is delivered separately and must be installed by the end user.
This story originally appeared at Mustang Bl
The Ford Mustang Facebook community is more than 940,000 strong, and they are being asked to put their heads together to come up with a name for the V6 Performance Package that gives Mustang an extra dose of handling performance. The contest to name the new package kicks off today on the Ford Mustang Facebook fan