How to Make Your Mustang Patriotic for July 4th
The Ford ambient lighting system, MyColor, is already a favorite among customers because it's a quick and easy way to personalize the interior to match their mood on any given day. Feeling playful? There's a color for that. Need something soothing? Choose a MyColor hue for that. Are you all over the map today? Create a custom color by mixing the palette. There's even a way to customize your Mustang gauges for the Fourth of July, as a nod to the tri-color pony emblem or just because you like the look, thanks to the specific "red, white and blue" setting, giving each of the three gauges those colors.
MyColor works like this: When the headlamps are off, the instrument-cluster gauges are backlit in white. When they are on, you can select one of the preset colors for the nighttime gauge backlighting to create up to three custom colors using the MyColor feature. For ambient color, you can select one of the preset colors for ambient lighting or create up to three custom colors; ditto halo color. The headlamps or parking lamps will need to be on to set up the colors.
To choose colors for the gauges, halo color or ambient lighting, follow these steps:
1. Press SETUP to reach the GAUGE COLOR, AMBIENT COLOR or HALO COLOR menu
2. Press RESET to scroll through the following color options:
MYCOLOR 1, 2, 3 (see HOLD RESET TO SET MYCOLOR 1, 2, 3 to save personalized color combos)
HOLD RESET TO SET MYCOLOR 1, 2, 3 (to save your own colors)
Apart from the preset colors, you can create your own color by adjusting the levels of the three primary colors (red, green and blue) through the MyColor feature to achieve any of 125 different combinations. You can save up to three custom colors in MyColor.
To enter the MyColor adjust mode, do the following (while your car is stationary):
1. Press and hold RESET for three seconds at the MYCOLOR 1, 2 or 3 menu option to reach the MYCOLOR ADJUST MODE
2. Press SETUP to scroll through the R (red), G (green), B (blue) and EXIT options
3. Press RESET to blend in more of the color being adjusted
4. To save and exit, hold RESET for three seconds when prompted. Pressing RESET for less than three seconds will cycle back through the colors
Content courtesy of The Ford Story
Click here to join the conversation at MustangForums.com!