Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

Svt Focus Fuel pump Replacement

Old 05-25-2010, 05:17 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

Default Svt Focus Fuel pump Replacement

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $95
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Classic Mustangs, Mustang II, Fox Body, SN95, New Edge, S197
Location (State/Prov): FL
Item Condition: Brand New

I could not reopen the original thread but here it is.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-...fuel-pump.html

i'll re upload the pics in a couple of hours.

This is a replacement for the fuel pump on the Focus/Aviator fuel hat which is either 9350-AA or 9h307 part number. The one on this pump is 9350-AA they are rated at 255lph, i tested every one to make sure they work right and flow what they are supposed to. brand new come with the filter and power plug. this pump is a drop in replacement for 99+09 mustang fuel hat. they are designed to work on return-less style fuel systems

$95 each shipped Priority Mail anywhere in the USA

also if someone needs other type of fuel pumps i have Walbros gss340 (used on Fox Body mustang, GSS341, GSS342 (Used on other mustangs) and Bosch 044 (i really recommend this fuel pump for high hp applications) Pm for more info.

Last edited by kleistang; 06-10-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:55 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

pics added
Old 05-29-2010, 08:52 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

pump This a great price guys, if you have any questions pm me
Old 06-03-2010, 06:39 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

still have more.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:14 AM
NaughtyGeek
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately for me, when I bought this pump I didn't find the following information:

http://allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-...p-problem.html

It appears that this part number is for a 127lph pump for a Jag. The one I purchased falls flat at 5400 RPMs @ 10#s of boost. If you're looking to run boost, this is not the pump you need. Believe me, you don't want to drop your tank to put in a pump that's not going to do the job. (Especially if you're a dumb@#! like me and fill up right before you do it.)

This is not a knock against this seller. He shipped the pump promptly and it was the exact part number shown in the pictures. It just doesn't appear to actually be a 255lph SVT Focus pump.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:26 AM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NaughtyGeek
Unfortunately for me, when I bought this pump I didn't find the following information:

http://allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-...p-problem.html

It appears that this part number is for a 127lph pump for a Jag. The one I purchased falls flat at 5400 RPMs @ 10#s of boost. If you're looking to run boost, this is not the pump you need. Believe me, you don't want to drop your tank to put in a pump that's not going to do the job. (Especially if you're a dumb@#! like me and fill up right before you do it.)

This is not a knock against this seller. He shipped the pump promptly and it was the exact part number shown in the pictures. It just doesn't appear to actually be a 255lph SVT Focus pump.
pm sent trying to clarify what happened.

part of the pm

First did you buy your fuel pump from me ? when through which site ?

now about the guy that you posted the thread about, i'll try contacting him today to see what happened. this is pretty much the only issue i have had with any fuel pump i have sold or use. i want to know happened with yours also thats why i asked to have more details.

now the problem he describes is one thing pretty much exact to something that happened to another person, the problem was that he did not use the surrounding rubber piece that his stock fuel pump had and that was causing the same problem. after he fixed that everything ran perfectly.

i did not find much information about the person who started that thread but it seems that recently he was having more issues with the car and leaded to a bad pcm, im not saying this is the problem but who know. i'm just trying to make things work.

Back to your citation, could you please tell me the details like car model year, and mod list.

as far as the fuel pumps, you can look around through the whole web and find different info about a specific product. specially when it comes to part numbers.

now let me tell you this, we order this pump to meet some specifics regardless of the part number they write there we make sure they work as the specs say.
we have cars make some serious numbers on these pump for quite some time now and that's why i want to figure out what happened to you 2 guys.

so you know we have an 03 cobra running 2 of these pumps with a KB BAP and a 30amp fuse instead of the stock the car made 620hp with the 6speed tranny and 548hp with the c4 auto, it has gones 6.6s on the 1/8 mile running on spray.

we also have an 07 that made 560 to the wheels with only 2 of these pumps no KB BAP. we lowered the boost because he had the stock bottom end and the car made 458. now he is putting a built short block.

my s197 with 2 of these pumps only n/a and #39 injectors made 360hp n/a and 460 on a dry shot of nitrous and i had plenty of fuel, the pumps could have given way more.

i'll look forward on trying to so solve this problem with you, if you want you can call me at 786 970 1924.

and please edit that post at least until we clear this out, I'd really appreciate it. im a straight up guy. I am not doing this to screw ppl off.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
NaughtyGeek
1st Gear Member

As you can see from the attached datalog, this pump hits 100% duty cycle at 5280 RPM. From the calculations I have available to me this indicates a fuel flow of ~125.55 lph @ 100% duty cycle on the pump.

Also, my base tune from a very reputable tuner included a voltage table for the SVT Focus pump and it wasn't even in the ballpark. One further indication that this part number isn't correct.

I don't think you screwed me or anyone else, you have the part number clearly visible in your pictures. It was my bad for not digging a little deeper prior to purchasing the pump. I looked no further than the original title of SVT Fuel Pump. Perhaps I managed to get a bunk pump or my install is poor but all indications I've found point to this being the wrong part number for a SVT Focus Fuel pump. I just think it's fair that any other potential buyer on this forum gets a fair shake at information I neglected to collect before purchase.

I can not stress enough, this seller shipped promptly and sold me the EXACT part number indicated in his photos. It is up to you the buyer to do your due diligence on that part number.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
dynofinalshort.zip (68.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-04-2010, 05:12 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NaughtyGeek
As you can see from the attached datalog, this pump hits 100% duty cycle at 5280 RPM. From the calculations I have available to me this indicates a fuel flow of ~125.55 lph @ 100% duty cycle on the pump.

Also, my base tune from a very reputable tuner included a voltage table for the SVT Focus pump and it wasn't even in the ballpark. One further indication that this part number isn't correct.

I don't think you screwed me or anyone else, you have the part number clearly visible in your pictures. It was my bad for not digging a little deeper prior to purchasing the pump. I looked no further than the original title of SVT Fuel Pump. Perhaps I managed to get a bunk pump or my install is poor but all indications I've found point to this being the wrong part number for a SVT Focus Fuel pump. I just think it's fair that any other potential buyer on this forum gets a fair shake at information I neglected to collect before purchase.

I can not stress enough, this seller shipped promptly and sold me the EXACT part number indicated in his photos. It is up to you the buyer to do your due diligence on that part number.
Thank you for posting the data log, from what i've read seems like you are the one tunning your car.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/tune...lta-force.html

ok looking at your log. lets see at 5280 the duty cycle goes up to 99% sure, but your voltage droped almost 1volt you should be running at least 13.5v another thing look how the pressure goes up to 75 90 or so when you let off the throttle. at this point what i am seeing is that your stock fuel line is already maxed out. upgrade you fuel line and you should be able to get more from a single fuel pump or add a second fuel pump. you may also look into getting a Kennebell boost a pump.

try to make sure how much voltage the pump is getting. 1volt less and you get around 10% less flow of what you should get. your duty cycle goes up when you step on it and your voltage goes down (backwards to any other car)

now it seems like you are making 372 hp on your car which is around mid 400s so it seems to like that is fine.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...ower-loss.html

example: my car 06 gt n/a 3000 stall 5speed automatic 4.10 gears 2 fuel pumps #39 injectors 360 n/a plenty of fuel add nitrous 460rwhp fuel pumps doing great, injectors maxed out. that is around 450s to the crank n/a and 550 on nitrous.

The cobra i mentioned in the other post, we had to change the stock fuel fuse for a 30amp, this is the most we could put on the mini fuse style. next step is to do the power separately and use a 40amp. but as it is now it is enough.

other site adds i found:

This Ford SVT Focus 255lph Fuel pump is just what you need. These Focus fuel pumps flow more fuel then the stock units. These pumps flow around 255 LPH at 13.5v and 40psi which can support over 500hp at the crank in naturally aspirated engines. They can also support up to 450hp at the crank in supercharged or turbo applications. They are also a great replacement for any Returnless Fuel System Ford vehicle.

more info:

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...Focus_kens.pdf

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...elpumptech.pdf

if it would been me in your position, i'd rather contact the seller directly and find a easy solution.

thanks

Luis Almeida
Old 06-08-2010, 01:10 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

me trying to contact the person from the other board and his answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleistang
Hello, Sir apperntly you purchased a fuel pump from me back in oct-nov 2009. i was aware this morning that you had a problem with it, i just read your thread. i wanted to know if you figured out the problem?

also whats your username on ebay so i can look for the specific transaction.

as far as the problem, i wanted to ask you just to make sure, someone else reported to me pretty much the same problem as yours. it was due to the fuel pump not been setting properly in the hat because he did not reinstall the rubber piece that goes in the bottom part of the fuel pump. did you reinstall that little piece when you did your swap ?

i also wanted to know more details about the car. like year, model and mods.

i never had any problems with any fuel pump, that is why i am concern.

i read someone posted that the fuel pump doesnt not meed the specs and that it was some other car fuel pump. i can tell you that when it comes to looking for part numbers you could find out many different specifications that stay different things. but when we order these pumps we have certain specifics thats has to be meet. we also test every pump and we have cars make some really good numbers and running fast at the track on this pumps.

hope you understand my concern. you can contact me at 786 227 4018. my name is Luis Almeida
Quote:
svoconvlx85
I dont think I have ever purchased anything from you on Ebay. I bought mine used from a local friend.