Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Window Tint Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 10:19 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default Window Tint Ticket

For those of you who have illigal window tint, do you get pulled over often and if you do, how much does the average ticket cost. Im looking to get 20% all around, but im only allowed 35% back and 50% front[sm=smiley21.gif]. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:09 PM
nhdungeonracer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Window Tint Ticket

Heh, I went to have mine inspected a couple weeks ago, and the garage told me they wouldn't pass it with tint on the door windows. It was so light, I didn't even know they were tinted!! This is in NH, and the garage had been put on probation a year ago for passing cars that have tinted windows. I understood where he was coming from. It wasn't a big deal for me, as I just took the tint off. I mean, heck, if I didn't even know it was tinted, I guess I didn't need it Besides, my car's a little lighter now-LOL
Old 04-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1gt

For those of you who have illigal window tint, do you get pulled over often and if you do, how much does the average ticket cost. Im looking to get 20% all around, but im only allowed 35% back and 50% front[sm=smiley21.gif]. Thanks.

just look out...some ******* cops will use that as an excuse to pull you over just cause theyre bitter that you have a cool car
Old 04-15-2004, 02:40 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

try walking a mile in the other guys mocassins for once. how would you like to be a police officer who has to stop a speeder and then walk up to the drivers side window without being able to see if there's a gun about to be used to shoot him?
a small amount of tint I don't have a problem with, but the blacked out look just ain't safe for the driver or anyone else who has to approach a vehicle like that not being able to see inside. you ever try to see through one like this from the back in order to see what the traffic is doing ahead of it, you can't see a damn thing. police officers have a bad enough job as it is, and we don't need to make it any harder for them to do it in my opinion.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:40 PM
bmorrisj
3rd Gear Member

well i really need to darken my hatch because i have some desirable stuff in back, and i just got new hatch supports, so that counts out letting the hatch fall on a perp (which just happened to me and i got 12 stitches on my nose, hence why i fixed the supports)
Old 04-15-2004, 06:56 PM
WNDSOR
2nd Gear Member

a couple of years ago i got a ticket for that, i have 20% all the way around except for the hatch and its 10%. in ky they give you a ticket for $25 or show the judge a piece of the tint that you had taken off. i just paid the $25 dollars and never got another ticket for that again, guess i've been lucky. course i launched through a yellow light before that and thats why he pulled me over in the first place! said i was speeding excessively through a intersection, hell i just wanted to get through it befor the red light! punk *** cop
Old 04-15-2004, 08:01 PM
TheGmKiller331
I ♥ Acer

We dont go by % here so i dont know what it would be but mine is so dark front and back you cant see in even in daylight its dark!

I did get a ticket one night and the following week i went to the states attourney and he dropped it.As for the price here its seventy five bucks.

But my girlfriends mom has a F150 withe triton and she ordered it with the tinted glass from the factory and was ticketed but of course got it dropped.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
saleen351mike

FYI - In oregon if you can prove that the car was purchased out of state and it came with tint (any %) they have to drop the fines. I have almost impenitrable tint and have never been stopped. If you can tell in the pic I have silver tint.

later, mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/2316/Ca825115949.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-19-2004, 10:24 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Where im from the legal limit is the same and if you get pulled over all you have to do is tear it off in a certain time frame and you pay nothing. Then just go get it done again. HA HA HA
Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

But then thats $140 down the drain. i dont have lots of money so i cant just tear it off and go get it done again once a month.

Quick Reply: Window Tint Ticket