Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Crash 06 Mustang GT Conv

Old 05-27-2006, 05:46 AM
lancemarcos

Default Car Crash 06 Mustang GT Conv

I was just involved in an accident in my 10 day old mustang gt convertible- was slamed into (almost t-boned), thrown into 2 360 spins by an out of control car going 65mph on the freeway resulting in at least $14,000.00 damage to the drivers side- from front to back. I'm not at fault but insurance will not total the car because there is only "minor frame damage"- door destroyed, front and rear quarter pannel destroyed, windows cracked, convertible top damaged, back wheel aluminum spoke cracked and tire blew out, rear axle damage etc... Even the ford body shop says there is no way this car will ever be the same--- any advice on how to get them to total the car or how to get the other guys insurance company to give me a new car. thanks
Old 05-27-2006, 06:11 AM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Car Crash 06 Mustang GT Conv

isn't your neck starting to hurt?

wink wink
Old 05-27-2006, 06:24 AM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

Lawyer up.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

first off, sry to hear your stang got tore up at least your still alive... but injuries can take a day or 2 to show up

I carry full tort...you should consider it

I junked a two month old car once... it was on the edge of its value to be repaired, I asked the bodyshop adjuster to write it up over the value cause I didn't want a new rebuilt car... he gave me a blank stare but 2 days later the quote jumped a few grand and the insurance totaled it. Ask him to go over the damage again with your concerns in mind, also request they use ALL NEW parts from ford directly. it's your right to request that. Also request the whole car be repainted and not matched. Again your right to request. Hopefully this will push the repairs up. but you have a long way to go to get it up over a 06gt vert.

Go to the hospital with backpain or a stiff neck tomoorw and tell them what happen, consult a lawyer and have him inform the other parties insurance company with your current condition. They'll turn tale and want out, most likely pay the gt off and want to settle out of court for what a new gt vert likely costs or more. Did the other driver break any laws that caused the wreck? it may be shady but no more shady then driving a wrecked 06 gt vert. Do what you gotta do...
Old 05-27-2006, 08:42 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

I agree with most all the above,
also inform them that you are seeing a chiropactor (sp) for your injuries you found you received during the accedent. (little hint; Have you ever heard of anyone fully released from a chiropractor? Play their silly game get an atorney yes it may cost you but in the end you will be money ahead. Make sure your attorney informs then of your chiropractor visits! Very similar thing happen to me a few years back. Be persistant and they will find some easier motorist to 'stick it too'
05SDI
Old 05-27-2006, 09:27 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

Wow... this forum condones street racing AND extortion!
Old 05-27-2006, 10:40 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I feel your pain, seriously (take this one's advice) I'm thinking it's good for some extra pain and sufferring. 3 words, soft tissue injury. Also, did they take you to the hospital at the time of the accident? This will help any claim you might have later. I had been in an accident where they didn't total my truck which had a bent frame also. But, by time it was all over my truck was fixed (sold soon after) and pocketed around $12,000 in personal injury money and they paid my doctor bills, and physical therapy (lots of massages ) in addition. Oh, did I mention, my truck was new and less than 1 week old. I was rear ended and slammed into 2 cars in front of me, so both the front and back were crunched. He hit me going about 45 mph, claims he didn't see us stopped at the light. OUCH, and yes it did hurt due to a real whiplash. Keep us posted on the outcome.

ORIGINAL: V8 Aggie

isn't your neck starting to hurt?

wink wink
Old 05-27-2006, 10:54 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

I take it you are dealing with the other person's insurance. (I'm guessing it's GEICO) None the less, involve your insurance company to fight with you.

Glad you are all right, if you aren't injured, don't try to scam the insurance with a lawyer, and such. This only increases rates, and drags things out, it also bordelines insurance fraud. The insurance companies see this everyday, and have their own defense lawyers.

You will need that estimate to get to 20-22K for a "total" IMO. This is probably unlikely.

I would recommend you get it fixed, and trade it in for another one. or.... take the highest estimate in cash, and sell the car wrecked for, I'm guessing (10-12K) It might bring 15K on ebay.

JMO
Old 05-27-2006, 11:16 AM
roland
1st Gear Member

definately get your own insurance company involved. they know all the tricks.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Dude, first of all, I'm glad your O.K. Second of all, as painful as it may seem it may be an easier transition to get the car fixed and trade in for another GT.

I know it sucks everytime you have to look at your car in those conditions but work closely with your insurance company and be patient. I too had somthing similar to that back in December.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Crash 06 Mustang GT Conv