Notices
2.3L Eco-Boost Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the Eco-Boost variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

FORD PERFORMANCE IS HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Jmlorfam

Default FORD PERFORMANCE IS HERE!

So, hello all. New here but I decided to make my first post here. Been following for a while and waiting for Ford to finally put out their upgrade package. Happy to announce they did and I ordered it today. Per Ford performance's site...this pack includes the CAI and "tune". Max gain of 100 HP and peak gain of 70 TQ. Saw that and called my Dealer....Its ordered and they will install (warranty still in tact).

Question for you die hard gear heads..... In a perfect world, all things being equal....What would you expect to see at the track in terms of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times over the stock ecoboost with these gains?

Provoking statement inserted here......Is the 5.0 dead? (just kidding)
Old 10-15-2016, 01:38 PM
Daltonkk

You'll be so happy with that tune even though it's just a Ford tune. I'd imagine it would be a little more conservative than some of the others out there. I had the 3.5eb in an f150 and a tune just completely changed that truck well worth the money spent.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:36 AM
Jmlorfam

Thanks, Ill keep everyone posted on gains, perceived or otherwise.

Ill likely not put the "ford Performance" stickers on the car....I know that makes em go faster (at least another 50HP), but I ll be happy with the tune from Ford.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:25 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Of course a base line dyno would be good, so the gains can be measured and not just guesstimated, or perceived, also some stock runs a the local dragstrip, for the same afore mentioned reasons.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Jmlorfam

Default UPDATE

Ok, so after some logistical issues, (wrong parts being ordered).... I had the dealer install the Ford Performance upgrade.

SO I did not get a dyno before or after to see real numbers. Trying to keep this thing under budget for this project.

The day I drove it home, I did notice a significant difference in the way it drove. A lot more life in this thing. I mean it was more than i thought possible for such a small investment (Bang for the Buck).

I guess I am just impressed with how much performance Ford was able to deliver in a "Four Cylinder".

I would strongly recommend the upgrade for those on the fence.

For me this was what I was hoping for.

Hope this helps!

Now to find a GT to embarrass (just kidding guys)
Old 03-22-2017, 03:48 PM
paul_g
1st Gear Member

I'm on the web now, checking it out...$699
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4

My concern, is the dealership trained on doing this upgrade vs. going to a performance shop and having someone who does these all the time. I'm sure it's just running the computer software, much like other after-market tunes..

States:
  • Peak gains of 25hp at ~5500rpm and 70lbs/ft at ~2200rpm
  • 40hp and 60lbs/ft average gain from 2500-5000rpm
  • 75hp and 64lbs/ft average gain from 5500-6800rpm
  • 100hp maximum gain at ~6000rpm

So you really have to be at 6000+ RPM's to realize the full 100 HP gain, again.. not dyno numbers.

Again concerns would be with stock inter-cooler... I would think that should be a good mod if you're going to do a tune with air intake.

I like what AM has been doing on their site with eco bolt on build ups... and tunes.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:37 PM
Jmlorfam

Originally Posted by paul_g

My concern, is the dealership trained on doing this upgrade vs. going to a performance shop and having someone who does these all the time. I'm sure it's just running the computer software, much like other after-market tunes..

States:

So you really have to be at 6000+ RPM's to realize the full 100 HP gain, again.. not dyno numbers.

Again concerns would be with stock inter-cooler... I would think that should be a good mod if you're going to do a tune with air intake.

I like what AM has been doing on their site with eco bolt on build ups... and tunes.
So the kit I ordered came with a CAI. I did speak with my dealer first...They have the experience with upgrades like these and much more. Also, If installed by a dealer they will honor the warranty if anything should go wrong. IMO this is a big deal when comparing other upgrades. For the money you cant get a better bang for your buck.

So my impressions so far of driving the car since the tune.....It still puts a smile on my face. If you want to upgrade but are worried about damaging your car...Ford is the way to go....Im sure the others are great too, but they are not in a position to provide that peace of mind.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:01 PM
paul_g
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jmlorfam
So the kit I ordered came with a CAI. I did speak with my dealer first...They have the experience with upgrades like these and much more. Also, If installed by a dealer they will honor the warranty if anything should go wrong. IMO this is a big deal when comparing other upgrades. For the money you cant get a better bang for your buck.

So my impressions so far of driving the car since the tune.....It still puts a smile on my face. If you want to upgrade but are worried about damaging your car...Ford is the way to go....Im sure the others are great too, but they are not in a position to provide that peace of mind.
This is great info! Thanks.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by paul_g

States:

Talk to the service manager at your local ford dealer. They should be able to tell you (without stuttering) that they are approved or recognized as an FRPP or Roush service provider. If not, find a location that is.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:19 PM
P. Tech

Hey recently did some mods to my 2016 Ecoboost, one of which was the Ford performance tune. Had it installed by the dealer so they used the voucher code that came with it. My question is should they have given me the voucher code back or would I never need it again?