Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
Old 10-23-2015, 05:48 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang GT Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

HOW TO: Install GT bumpers (w/Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:27 PM
jrl80

Default RE: How To: Install GT bumpers. Pics included!

So how much will the GT kit cost me in total. The only site that has the kit in its entirety is TheMustangHookUp.com but they dont have a price posted. Also how hard is it to install, I read the instructions a bunch of times and have them down pat, but I have never done bodywork in my life. I just dont want to do any damage to my Mustang. Thanks Guys!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 06:44 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Regarding the rockers and front facia. It's really easy. Spartan VI done a great job on this thread. I followed his instructions and had no problems. Only thing I changed was where he bolted the marker lights in place, I used 3/16 pop rivets. Just make sure you get all the other parts. The isolator and fender shields are a must. The deflector at the bottom is kinda up in the air. Spartan did not have his installed last I heard and he didn't see any adverse effects. I have mine installed and cant tell any difference. Happy modding.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Both websites sell the whole body kit you just have to call them for pricing.
ORIGINAL: jrl80

So how much will the GT kit cost me in total. The only site that has the kit in its entirety is TheMustangHookUp.com but they dont have a price posted. Also how hard is it to install, I read the instructions a bunch of times and have them down pat, but I have never done bodywork in my life. I just dont want to do any damage to my Mustang. Thanks Guys!!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:27 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amystery2u

Regarding the rockers and front facia. It's really easy. Spartan VI done a great job on this thread. I followed his instructions and had no problems. Only thing I changed was where he bolted the marker lights in place, I used 3/16 pop rivets. Just make sure you get all the other parts. The isolator and fender shields are a must. The deflector at the bottom is kinda up in the air. Spartan did not have his installed last I heard and he didn't see any adverse effects. I have mine installed and cant tell any difference. Happy modding.
Your pop rivets are probably better than my nuts and bolts.. I hope they never wiggle loose.. that'll be hell.

Still don't have the deflector on. I haven't been able to find the right screws/retainers to mount it to the radiator mount. [&:]
Old 06-06-2006, 06:25 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

ORIGINAL: amystery2u

Your pop rivets are probably better than my nuts and bolts.. I hope they never wiggle loose.. that'll be hell.

Still don't have the deflector on. I haven't been able to find the right screws/retainers to mount it to the radiator mount. [&:]

Give kevin a call at cleveanger ford. I just told him the project I was doing I needed everything to mount the deflector. He hooked me up.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Hey whats kevins number again?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:09 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

1-800-570-5554 M-F 8-4 P.S.T. Ask For Kevin
Old 06-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:45 AM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

I'm waiting for a rear GT bumper in windveil blue to be in at v6mustangstuff. While I'm waiting for that, figured I should ask how I go about mounting the bumper. I, like others, have had no body work experience, and aren't very sure of myself lol. What size nuts and bolts did you use to re-attach and such? Oh and sorry if this isn't making since. It's 4:44AM. X_X
Old 06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JaysFreaky

I'm waiting for a rear GT bumper in windveil blue to be in at v6mustangstuff. While I'm waiting for that, figured I should ask how I go about mounting the bumper. I, like others, have had no body work experience, and aren't very sure of myself lol. What size nuts and bolts did you use to re-attach and such? Oh and sorry if this isn't making since. It's 4:44AM. X_X
My father and I had no experience either.

I really wish I could tell you what size nuts and bolts I used, but we didn't think of taking note of them. We kinda just shuffled through through the wide selection my father had until we found ones that fit.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Install GT bumpers (w/Pics)