Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Where to get Blackout Tailights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:17 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

Default Where to get Blackout Tailights?

I want to get those blackout tail lights for my tail lights i think they will look hoooooooottttttttt on a performance white stang! What companys sell them, who should i go thru, whos the cheapest etc, thanks in advance!

p.s. i wanna do the smoked tail lights and rear honey comb panel next!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:42 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Where to get Blackout Tailights?

hey man the easiest and cheapest way is the tinting film but it is easily removable so if someone wants to f#ck with you they can just tear it off. the other solution is removing the tailights and using a special paint (spray can) that works like a two way mirror. they costed like twenty bucks a can when i was in germany. you should be able to buy them in any napa or checkers stores. i'm gonna do some research for you and see if you can order them from germany. one can will do like three cars. after you paint them take 2500 grit sandpaper and wetsand them if you want them to look like glass. the nice thing about this paint is that even though your tailights look black, when you turn on your tailights they don't block any light unlike the hard plastic covers. anyways, i'll check back in a few days with that info.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

that all sounds great but the thing is i dont wanna do paint cause in case i change my mind and wanna go back to the stock tail light...and about the tinting i heard and thought about that....what about the actualy black out lenses, where can i get those? check out this guys GT http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2347294 he has exactly what i want, recognize those? i really need to know where to get those! thanks for the info and any future help!

steven

ORIGINAL: bennihill

hey man the easiest and cheapest way is the tinting film but it is easily removable so if someone wants to f#ck with you they can just tear it off. the other solution is removing the tailights and using a special paint (spray can) that works like a two way mirror. they costed like twenty bucks a can when i was in germany. you should be able to buy them in any napa or checkers stores. i'm gonna do some research for you and see if you can order them from germany. one can will do like three cars. after you paint them take 2500 grit sandpaper and wetsand them if you want them to look like glass. the nice thing about this paint is that even though your tailights look black, when you turn on your tailights they don't block any light unlike the hard plastic covers. anyways, i'll check back in a few days with that info.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
QWKYNUF

This what you are looking for?

http://www.btgmotoring.com/Merchant2...ct_Code=GT4141

Google is your friend....

QWKYNUF
Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 PM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

i have no idea where to get the actual lenses. i would'nt want them anyways even if i changed my mind and wanted them back to stock. the lenses block light and therefore dim your taillight. the paint is removable with zip strip. plus another idea, try using that paint on the front turn signals and black them out for a true custom look.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Hey just thought id add my 2 cents...If you wanted to go with the vinyl film coverings over the lamps go look on eBay. I was seraching for the smoke tint film sheets for my car cuz i think they look pretty sweet and they were like $50 for the head lamps, same for tail lamps then like $20 if you wanted to get them for the turning signals and $20 for the back side lampsjust searching on there. So i went looking on eBay and found the same things but alot cheaper, posting these just incase you wanna look...its $50 a piece for the headlamps and tail lamps so right there its alot cheaper

Head Lamps http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...15159228QQrdZ1

Tail Lamps/ 3rd Brake Light Cover http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...14829343QQrdZ1

Side Markers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...14496180QQrdZ1

Turnal Signals are on there somewhere -- Lost the page

Old 08-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Homer1181
1st Gear Member

Like the last guy posted you can pretty much find all this stuff on EBAY. I have a White Mustang as well and just a word of advise. Save your money and invest in some Stripes. I got mine painted but you have get the vinyl stripes (Much Cheaper). It adds color to the car and gets alot of heads to turn. I mught have put the same pics twice. I am new at this. : )

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/782921104ABE4D1F8FED667808E4F337.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/3D33777A7E4249658263B5059834620E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/8B1283FAFAB84CEFB79447D4F6A9D347.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/16BD8651506044569FA49251C19620C8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-11-2006, 01:51 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

THATS EXACLTY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! THANK U THANK THANK U! BTW HOW DO THOSE GO ON? JUST POP OUT UR LIGHT AND POP THEM IN THE FRONT OF THE LIGHT AND THEY FIT? OR THEY KNEW TAIL LIGHTS?
ORIGINAL: QWKYNUF

QWKYNUF
Old 08-11-2006, 02:24 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Are the smoked tail light covers even street legal? I would think so in the day but then dont you have to take them off every night?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

whats the deal with the writing on the tail lights? i dont want writing on my GTS tail lights if i get them....i want to get the ones from this link u sent me but i see thiers 3 letters on each side of the tail lights..thats GAY....also how do they install?
ORIGINAL: QWKYNUF

QWKYNUF

Quick Reply: Where to get Blackout Tailights?