Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Project Can Opener Complete (56Kb warning!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default Project Can Opener Complete (56Kb warning!)

Project Can Opener is now complete and I'm couldn't happier!!!! In case you missed it, Project Can Opener is a Classic Design Concepts Glassback! (www.glassbackroof.com)
The reason I decided to call it Project Can Opener... check this picture... here's a CDC car with the Glassback out of it... LOL!

So i walk into the shop and my jaw drops... the Glassback looks like the roof is glossy black which matches the hood!

From the top you can see the yellow seats! LOL!

Inside shots... comes with a new head liner...

And an outside shot

Ok... first impressions... This thing is SOOOOOO COOOOOL!!! You cannot believe the open feeling it give the cabin... I guess I've been a bit claustrophobic when it comes to driving my car... because no matter the weather I have to have the windows down! At least a little bit! Today, i drove home with the windows complete up!! LOL! But driving around town with the windows down and the glassback... well... I know it's not the same as a vert.. (I had a 02 GT Vert)... but the glassback is so dang big it really gives you a very open feeling! And the best part... I don't have to worry about BURNING MY BALD HEAD!!! LOL!

Of course I'll do a better write up... including more pics of the new trim pieces... but i will say, Project Can Opener was a huge success!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:00 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Project Can Opener Complete (56Kb warning!)

Words can't describe what I'm thinking, actually yes they can but they probably aren't allowed on the forum!!! [sm=icon_quiet.gif]That is BEAUTIFUL! I have heard of the glassback option, but never really seen a good picture of it. [sm=Flahssssss.gif]
Do you mind if I ask how much this ran you? And what type of shop does this? Lord knows none of our redneck glass shops could do this, I asked our local Ford dealer about this option last year and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about!
That looks really cool!!![sm=icon_rock.gif]

P.S. what type of jobs do you people have that you can afford all these "luxury" items???
Old 06-14-2007, 06:01 PM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

that looks AMAZING!!!! really goes well with the stripes

PS: saw ur car in this months Modified Mustang...whens MRT going to start selling a turn key version of ur car? lol
Old 06-14-2007, 06:22 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

looks awesome man! I would love to do something like that when i get the funds...which will probably be never..haha. Your stang just gets more beautiful everytime i see it.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

John,
Fricken awesome...Looks beautiful. I love how the glass looks black to match your hood, and spoiler....Any thoughts to maybe glossing up the rear window louvers a bit???

Man that car of yours is a tribute......Congrats.....

Mike

Old 06-14-2007, 07:58 PM
7SiNz
1st Gear Member

Wow, absolutely awesome.. Definitely one of a kind.. Great job !!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:15 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys!!!

Oh, as far as my job... I'm middle aged... I'm well established in my career... almost 25 years in IT... I'm a storage engineer... I live in Mid-Michigan which has a lower cost of living... paid $114,000 for a 1800 square foot ranch house! LOL! So... i do have a bit of a disposable income... LOL
Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

although I lovvveee that look, how do you feel clausterphobic?
I find the cabin to be quite roomy.. unless your over 6'3
Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang_Heritage07

although I lovvveee that look, how do you feel clausterphobic?
I find the cabin to be quite roomy.. unless your over 6'3
LOL! Totally irrational... but it was funny... when I get in my car I have always rolled down my windows... some subconscious thing... today driving home I actually had the windows all the way up... was just kind of odd.. LOL
Old 06-14-2007, 11:45 PM
JimC

Looks good John - my wife happened to be standing here so I showed her the pictures and hercomment was "very nice -- I hope he doesn't hit another deer now!"

Quick Reply: Project Can Opener Complete (56Kb warning!)