Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

My Mustangs new look

Old 08-06-2007, 01:17 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My Mustangs new look

looks great, except for the reflective stripes. why would you want those?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:27 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

thats kinda mean
Old 08-06-2007, 02:10 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdg

looks great, except for the reflective stripes. why would you want those?
I don't know....I like his reflective stripes! I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:07 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

those strips are the coolest thing at night!!!

As far as clearance,<<<<<<<See picture, i was not sure how to explain this Yellow line is the stock location. Orange is a drive way entrance>>>>>>> Today was the first day i have dorve it and it sits about 1/2in lower but... being the lip sits more flush with the front end I did scrap a time or two pulling in too drive ways. i think it is just going to be a learning curve and i will need to remember to slow down

how to paint head light buckets[/align] [/align] 1. Remove front bumper, There is a pdf out there explaining how to do this[/align] [/align] 2. remove headlights[/align] [/align] 3. go out and buy a heat gun. I paid $20 at shucks. there are 4 clips going around the edge of the light. I finally gave up on trying to save them and cut them using a pair of dikes. If you can finds away to save them it would help to have them when you reassemble[/align] [/align] 4. using the heat gun heat the edge of the lenswhere it meet the head light housing<<<<BE CARFUL NOT TO HEAT IT UP TO MUCH AND MELT SOMETHING>>>>. Once you have the perimeter fairly warm pick a corner corner and apply heat using a small prying device IE screw driver start working it and prying it up once you get that corner worked up get a little bigger Prying device.I went through 4 sizes of screw driver before I got it off. Be sure to keep the perimeter warm while working on the corner. Once you have one corner up you just heat the glue channel and slowly pry the lens up usingthescrew driver. [/align] [/align] some people have suggested using a oven to heat them up I was not that daring[/align] [/align] <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<this will chew the edge of the lights up. What i did once they where back together i took a soldering iron and melted the edge all the why around the lexan and housing. not a factory look but it look pretty good>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>.[/align] [/align] 6. Paint. NO KRYLON.this is allot of work to gothrough to have itlast 15 1/2 weeks and then it start to fade.take them to a paint shop..[/align] [/align] 7. Next clean the seal channel really well.I used a screw driver and scraped it out.also it may help to heat it up but be careful, if you heat it up to much your screw driver my poke a hole through it(DOH I did that atime or to)[/align] [/align] 8. to seal them back up go out and buy about 5-6 bar claps. I went cheap... harbor fright tools!!!. figure out how you are going to clamp it back together and even do it a few times prior to gluing. YOU DON'T WANT TO SCREW THIS UP AND HAVE FOG LIGHTS. AND NOT THE GT KIND
[/align] 9. I used a BLACK RTV ADHESIVE sealant. Squeeze the glue in to the channel (2 people need) don't fill it all the way up.Goabout 3/4 full then take a screw driver and run it through the channel spreading it from side to side and besure it goes all the way down to the bottom of the channel.Then add glue where you think it need it.[/align] [/align] 9) take you freshly painted part and put back in add glue to the 4 hold down tabs. [/align] [/align] 10) put the lens back on andClamp >>>>This is where those tabs I broke off would have cam in handy<<<<<, but don't crack it let set for 24hrs and reassemble [/align] [/align] >>>>>>>>also make sure you clean the headlights inside and the inside of the leans prior to reassemble<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<[/align] [/align] if you guys need any more help let me know [/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16315/E0499E72EF6947C8B235D8DFB010B4A9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-06-2007, 09:09 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

that odd, you have to click on the picture for the lines to show up
Old 08-06-2007, 10:47 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Looked at all your pics, and I love it! Nice looking car, man.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 AM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

3d carbon makes some nice **** (esp the side scoops)
Old 08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

I like how it looks painted. I'm debating doing that to, maybe once I get a GT/CS rear bumper, so I can do it all at the same time. I dunno, i'm on the fence about painting it body colored, because I also like the aggressive look of mine in black. I think if I do paint it I will probably remove the lower grill, dremel out the honeycomb portions, sand it nice and smooth and get that painted to.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

that's a good ideal to paint the lower grill. I was thinking about getting one of those chrome lower grills on eBay, but I am afraid it wont look right being the upper grille will still be black. I wish someone would come out with a Black billet grill that would go over or replace the honey comb upper grilland still work withthe pony Pk chrome bar and lights. I love the look of the chrome bar I think its more retro, but I hate the large honey comb pattern. I would like it better if it was the small pattern like the original 05 grill was[/align]
Old 08-07-2007, 06:38 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

did u get your air dam prepainted? if so, from where..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Mustangs new look