Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

My Mustangs new look

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:02 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Mustangs new look

No, I prefer to have all my parts painted locally. For some reason the batch of paint used on my car at ford is slightly off from the norm. Both times I have had stuff painted it took the paint shop four times to get the color right. The color they mixed both times was slightly darker and has a very very light purple to it compared to my paint. So they would have to remix, this last time they got the color close but there was only like 10 flakes per inch so they had to add a larger silver flake to get it right.

In the right light from the right angle on the drivers side you can see all 3 shades, but for the most part every thing matches very well except when you stand in that one spot. My dad likes to joke with me and call it "My little Pinto" now it took me a second to figure out the joke. He was big in to the OLD Lone ranger withClayton Moore. In the show The Indian Tonto rode a spotted horse witch is also called a pinto. I thought it was funny but I guessyou wouldhave to have watched the lone ranger to get the hummer. I fortunately was brought up watching the old shows, Gunsmoke, raw hide, the real McCoy's. most 24yr olds wouldn't have any clue what these shows were about butI am glade to say these show are a lot better then the show that are now on TV. I am glade that they are coming out with all the old shows on DVD. I Just went out andgot F troop!!![/align]
Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 AM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info on how to paint the headlights, Scheetz, they look great. It sounds like a lot of work, though.

Sleeper2
Old 08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

it is allot of work. My dad thought i was Nuts, Pulling apart a perfectly good set of headlights.

It is well worth the time. I thought about trying to find a set of GOOD used lights or even buy a new set and pull those apart that way if i did destroy them i would not have to worry about pulling the front end apart. But i figured it would be a good learning Experirance to pull the front end. I did see on ebay about 6months ago a guy was selling them at like 300 a set which is really not bad. Right now there are chrome one out there which IMO would be a little ricy
Old 08-10-2007, 04:03 PM
XtremeRage
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scheetz83

As far as clearance,<<<<<<<See picture, i was not sure how to explain this Yellow line is the stock location. Orange is a drive way entrance>>>>>>> Today was the first day i have dorve it and it sits about 1/2in lower but... being the lip sits more flush with the front end I did scrap a time or two pulling in too drive ways. i think it is just going to be a learning curve and i will need to remember to slow down
Thanks for the response, meh 1/2in isnt bad at all, definetly worth it for the looks, the car looks badass with the front air dam.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:12 PM
jude69
1st Gear Member

Looks great. Absolutely love the front air dam. Where did you get the pony trunk lining from?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:06 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

http://www.granddesignmat.com

is where the trunk mat and the headrest wraps came from, Phil is also a member here on MF
https://mustangforums.com/showprofile.asp?memID=14530
Old 08-10-2007, 11:31 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Thanx for the info...i was just about to ask where you got them.^
Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Any tips on installing the Xenon side scoops? I'm thinking about adding these.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:38 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

placement on the scoops is ez do to the that they follow the body lines. On mine i had to go about 1/8in lower then the upper body fold and right up to the wheel well fold. They pretty much just place them selves all you have to do is peel and stick

I used a greas pincil befor peeling that way i knew where to apply the addeshion promoter
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Where did you get your Xenon scoops?

Quick Reply: My Mustangs new look