Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Yet another rim opinion question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:50 AM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

Default Yet another rim opinion question

Closing in on deciding what I want insofar as new rims are concerned.
Currently have the stock 16" on my white 2006 V6.
I'm down to: [ul][*]17" chrome Bullitt's.[*]18" chrome Bullitt's.[*]17" black chrome Bullitt's.[/ul]No matter what, will be aftermarket (probably AFS), so allegedly no need for the steering stops etc.
I think 17" is the right size - 18" might be too big. And they don't make 18" Bullitt's in black chrome as far as I have seen.
I'm going for the monochromatic look - white with black accents and touches of chrome, without overdoing it.
I've gotten the upper grille chrome billet overlay, and will get the chrome tail-light surrounds, well as clear front and rear side lenses (with Stealth bulbs). Probably keep the tail lights red, as I have the sequentials and like the look.
Have white 1/4 window louvers en route, getting the windows tinted this weekend (35% on doors to stay legal, 20% remainder which won't look out of place with the louvers on).
I really like the look of black chrome but haven't seen them on a white Mustang yet.
Plain chrome is about $150 less, and would probably look as good - maybe better?
I definitely want Bullitt-style, that much I know.
Now deciding on size - 17" or 18". If 18", I only have chrome as the option (that I like - I don't want black or white or polished or anthracite). But leaning towards 17" and therein lies the quandry - chrome or black chrome?
Gah...

Chrome eBay link...
Black chrome eBay link...

I also don't want the faux-Cobra center cap. I have chrome tri-bars now, which will likely clash with black chrome (and I want to keep the spinners).
So maybe I answered my own question - 17" chrome and keep the spinners? I don't know... And I hate to make a $600 to $750 mistake... But that black chrome looks so nice.

Thanks for any opinions...

edit: actually, i think the link above for "chrome" is for polished aluminum, not chrome - - no matter - deciding on 17" or 18", chrome or black chrome...
Old 05-13-2008, 01:04 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

Default RE: Yet another rim opinion question

how about u just get the same ones i have from american muscle with a 5% discount because u are a forum member... btw i dont like black chrome looks funny 2 me
Old 05-13-2008, 01:15 AM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfpup

how about u just get the same ones i have from american muscle with a 5% discount because u are a forum member... btw i dont like black chrome looks funny 2 me
Oi - didn't know we had a discount code - - I have bought a few hundred $$ worth of stuff from american muscle - wish I knew that before!
Anyone know the code? Searched forums but didn't find it.
Hmm - 17" x 9" chrome from them would be about $630 with the discount, incl. shipping - cheaper than that eBay place.
Good alternative - thank you for the tip.
Gonna snoop some more to see if they have a good rim + tire package...

Old 05-13-2008, 01:38 AM
wolfpup

ill double check the code and pm it 2 u
Old 05-13-2008, 01:39 AM
wolfpup

ok here u go... https://mustangforums.com/m_5039195/tm.htm go to this thread PM AMNick and he will give u the code
Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 AM
07 Grabber Girl
2nd Gear Member

I had the Black chrome bullits with the tri bar centers and side swept spinners before switching to these Foose rims. I like the looks of the black bullits alot.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:44 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

18"s would look better.

Go with Chrome bullits or black bullits from American Muscle.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

ok here u go... https://mustangforums.com/m_5039195/tm.htm go to this thread PM AMNick and he will give u the code
Much obliged.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:58 PM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

You're probably right - I'm sure the online pics of the black chrome ones were in perfect lighting conditions etc - likely to look quite different sitting in my driveway.

I'm leaning chrome, then. I'll try one of those online wheel+tire combo simulators to see if I like the looks of 17" or 18" better...

Thanks, everyone, for their input and opinions.

-d

Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

18' axis super hiro's. black with the white stripe. get them.

Quick Reply: Yet another rim opinion question