Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervinis rear stalker bumper..

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:43 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

looks great on ur car hypergt
Old 04-27-2010, 02:10 PM
HYPERGT

Originally Posted by awsomeaussies206
That's a really big back bumper, but it looks good on your car! Are you going to get the front bumper too? I can't believe you really paid over 2400 for painting and installing that though I know Cali is expensive, but damn Washington is too and I only paid a little over 800 to get my front bumper, rear bumper and window louvers painted. And thats from a high end shop too!! I installed everything myself though.
Thanks for the nice reply, I think this rear bumper is so different and I have not found anyone that has installed it. I think that people can't really get a good look of it on diff cars and colors. It has a very distinct look and it is either you like it or you don't. I think with this post, now people will be able to see it on another car other than on the yellow and white cars on cervini's site. I really liked it the first time I saw it but man it grows on you the more I look at it the more I love it.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:24 PM
HYPERGT

Originally Posted by deekum1627
looks great on ur car hypergt
Thanks man! Your ride looks great with the roush spoiler. I think, hands down is the best looking spoiler out there. It just adds this killer look to the car. if you go with louvers have you thought about the roush louvers. It is a great combo.

Also if you are going to do the suspension I would love to pass all the info that I researche and learned on to you. There is so many variables with suspension. I would be glad to pass it along to anybody the wants info on suspension.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
HYPERGT

That's a really big back bumper, but it looks good on your car! Are you going to get the front bumper too? I can't believe you really paid over 2400 for painting and installing that though I know Cali is expensive, but damn Washington is too and I only paid a little over 800 to get my front bumper, rear bumper and window louvers painted. And thats from a high end shop too!! I installed everything myself though.
I am doing the front stalker bumper and side skirts and cervini's hood #1171.
Not sure of the grill i want. I will go for the black look. The fitting and prep and paint was 1795.00 Ther was an extream amount of prep with that particular bumper cause of the mold release agent they use and it is straight out of the mold. It had a lot of mold lines through out the bumper. I just figured I had allready baught the bumper and if I can spend 1200.00 to paint it than i can spen 1800.00. The body shop that I went to had fixed my cousin's car and did a killer job.
I expressed that this had to be a killer job and I was picky about the quality of the work. I also told them to take what ever time they need so they new they had better do a killer job the first time. So I felt good about them and they gave a lifetime warranty on the job. I have spend over $11,000 on mods already so I just wanted a perfect job and I was willing to pay for it. Nobody has that rear bumper. I could not find one mustang with it.

Sorry for the long reply

HyperGT
Old 04-27-2010, 03:54 PM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HYPERGT
I am doing the front stalker bumper and side skirts and cervini's hood #1171.
Not sure of the grill i want. I will go for the black look. The fitting and prep and paint was 1795.00 Ther was an extream amount of prep with that particular bumper cause of the mold release agent they use and it is straight out of the mold. It had a lot of mold lines through out the bumper. I just figured I had allready baught the bumper and if I can spend 1200.00 to paint it than i can spen 1800.00. The body shop that I went to had fixed my cousin's car and did a killer job.
I expressed that this had to be a killer job and I was picky about the quality of the work. I also told them to take what ever time they need so they new they had better do a killer job the first time. So I felt good about them and they gave a lifetime warranty on the job. I have spend over $11,000 on mods already so I just wanted a perfect job and I was willing to pay for it. Nobody has that rear bumper. I could not find one mustang with it.

Sorry for the long reply

HyperGT
Thats understandable Everything I had painted was plastic, so less prep I guess. I have the Cervini Cowl hood and the quality is top notch! Can't go wrong with Cervini! Can't wait to see your car when you get the other body parts on. We'll need some side shots to see how low that back bumper actually is!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:31 PM
HYPERGT

Default stalker rear bumper

Thats understandable Everything I had painted was plastic, so less prep I guess. I have the Cervini Cowl hood and the quality is top notch! Can't go wrong with Cervini! Can't wait to see your car when you get the other body parts on. We'll need some side shots to see how low that back bumper actually is!!!
Ya it is pretty low But man the car looks sick as hell in person with that bumper! With the lcense plate assymbly gloss black and black out kit and the roush spoiler

I will take some measurements and let you know. every time i drive the car some one askes about that bumper. I need to do the side skirts too.

Hypergt
Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 PM
shakrr
1st Gear Member

looking good hypergt! I like the roush spoiler on there. what tail light covers do you have
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
HYPERGT

Originally Posted by shakrr
looking good hypergt! I like the roush spoiler on there. what tail light covers do you have
Thanks Man! Your ride's looking pretty sweet too. I like the convertible. I had a 1990 convertible Mustang GT. It was alot of fun. My current car has been a lot of work. I have done all the mods myself except the exhaust, tint, and the rear bumper. But it also has been lots of fun. I don't drive it too much, but when I do it's still like the day I got it. Car only has 9700 miles on it and never been driven in the rain. Trying to keep low miles because I plan on keeping it for a long time and I want it to be something special later on in life.

-HyperGT
Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 PM
HYPERGT

Originally Posted by shakrr
Oh i forgot to answer you on the light covers. I got the gts black out. go to late model restoration.com and you can get the front head light cover, rear tail light cover and the fog light cover for 129.00. Then the rear 3rd break light cover for 29.00 and the front corner light covers for 49.00.

Awesomeaussies206 said he had a paiter mix black with clear and sprayed his. I might try that.

Hypergt
Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 AM
fordfan1964

can you post a picture of the car from the sides before you do the side skirts. I've got a Vista Blue GT and I want to see how low that rear bumper really is. In my opinion the stock bumper rises too much and I want something to even out the low front end with my gt500 splitter installed and that thing looks sweet. good pick!

Quick Reply: Cervinis rear stalker bumper..