Removal and installation of steering wheel for S197.
Tools needed: Socket wrench
Very small flat head screw driver
1. Disconnect the battery (ground) and wait 5 to 10mins to insure the power has drained out of the system. If you want you can also pull the airbag fuse from the SJB found on the passenger side kick panel fuse #17 which is a 10 amp fuse.
2. Pull off the two plastic caps on the sides of the wheel to access the two bolts that hold the airbag
2. Unscrew bolts with 8mm socket
3. Pull off the airbag assy and disconnect the two electrical connectors. Just pinch the side of the connector and pull up.
4. Disconnect the cruise control electrical connector, you will see a tab at the top of the connector, use a small flat head screw driver to lift up the tab and pull out on the connector to remove.
5. Use a 24mm socket to remove the main steering wheel bolt. (no wheel puller is needed.)
6. Remove wheel.
7. Reinstall new wheel in reverse order making sure to torque the retaining bolt down to 41 foot pounds and its set.
The whole thing took about 20 minutes.