Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**

Old 07-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #41
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Stang View Post
Have you looked at the TSB on Toyotas or paid attention to their recalls? I wouldn't jump ship so quickly!
Sounds like to me, perhaps you got a lemon. You realize there are lemons in EVERY car brands.
In the 30+ years of driving, I've owned many different brands, but out of all of them, nothing beats my FORDS!
Let him jump ship...
I call BS on this dude anyway.
He was a "Loyal" Ford owner for more than 30 years and he's dropping the brand because his door panel inserts are failing on his Mustang?!?!
Yeah right!

Oh, and LOL@ Chevy truck... that's the pinnacle of reliability right there!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Last edited by pascal; 07-25-2010 at 08:54 PM.
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #42
Fedupwithford

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Default Drooping door panels

To Pascal,
Did you not read the entire thread?? the door panela are the last straw in a long line of quality issues. There have beem many trips to the dealer for drivability problems. As far as having a lemon, this may be true, that is why I will let some one else squeeze it.
Fedupwithford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #43
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Sorry, guess I missed all that.
I'm a n00b here...

But hey, I can say for certain that there are more satisfied Mustang (or Ford in general) owners than not.
Starting with myself.

Last edited by pascal; 07-26-2010 at 03:30 PM.
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #44
JasonIsAGeek
1st Gear Member

This was going to be my next attempt after the spray on adhesive did jack crap for me. Thanks for putting this up. Yay for hotass Texas weather.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:46 AM   #45
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
...I'm a n00b here...
Thanks, pascal. That one made me blow coffee all over my keyboard...
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #46
mustangron21

Vehicle: 2005, Ford, Mustang GT
Angry CONTACT FORD THIS IS BS!!!

After dealing with the door panel issue long enough it's time for us to contact ford. We all paid good money for these vehicles and for the leather/vinyl to come off is unacceptable. I contacted ford today 8/20/2010 and the good old CSR put the ball back into my court saying it's my problem sorry see if the dealer will assist you. I understand I can glue it back and hope for the best, but I paid sticker for this car and the interior should last longer than 5 years! This a manufacture / design defect. Ford should take ownership of this. I am going to my dealership next week and demand it be fixed since Ford simply said sorry. If they don't do it then I am considering contacted the Attorney General. Ford should strive for perfection in their product. Of course perfection is unachievable, but as you strive for perfection you learn from your mistakes. Letting this happen and accepting a less than perfect product for it's customers says Ford doesn't even care and they are LAZY!!!! This is Ford's mistake not the consumer and we should not have to take it in the rear. This totally devalues the car and looks like crap. I hope things go well next week at the dealership and they take care of me, but in this economy a dealership certainly is not about to just **** away money because the manufacture is being irresponsible. I hope all of you make the call to 1-800-392-3673. Complain to them it took me 10 minutes to voice my irritation and they should know about! To be continued!
mustangron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #47
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Roush 427R

gl, make sure you post up the updates!

2008 Roush 427R
Bone Stock: 376rwhp 351tq
VMP500HP kit dynotuned w/ 2.49 pulley: ~450rwhp
0NF1R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #48
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangron21 View Post
After dealing with the door panel issue long enough it's time for us to contact ford. ...
Good luck. Even with those TSB issues that clearly identify that they screwed up the design, you won't get any compassion from Ford when it comes to out-of-warranty help. But I give you credit and keep my fingers crossed that your efforts have a positive result.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #49
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to deekum1627

good luck keep us posted
deekum1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #50
JasonIsAGeek
1st Gear Member

Took care of mine last night. Looks good so far, just needs a little cleaning up around the edge. I wouldn't bother masking off the area. As long as you're careful, it should be fine.

I also would recommend keeping a spackling tool or other flat edged tool close by. I used it to press down the rounded edges for a firm bond.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #51
NoahPhense

Default ..thanks

Love it! .. I'm sure someone has done it already. But I threw together a pdf of this. Also included in the zip is the original .pub (publisher) file.

sag.zip

- john
NoahPhense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #52
Junior OTard
Banned

Vehicle: 4 wheels

Omg this thread FTW!
Junior OTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:42 AM   #53
GT420

Vehicle: 2008 GT Mustang

Awesome job in the repair! My question is, when did you do this and how is it holding out today? The panel of my husband's GT has started to come out after 3 days of rain (in hot and humid Philippine weather) and we're afraid the passenger door will follow next.
GT420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #54
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT

Mine is holding up well, it's not factory perfect but for a 5 year old car it looks great. Don't wait too long, the sooner you take care of it the better.
Fort LiquordaleGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #55
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Roush 427R

i did this repair the day before i possted this thread, and even tho I sold the car, i saw it a month ago and i still looks as if it was just done....

2008 Roush 427R
Bone Stock: 376rwhp 351tq
VMP500HP kit dynotuned w/ 2.49 pulley: ~450rwhp
0NF1R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #56
svastano
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 Visa V6

Good write up!

2007 V6 Vista Blue, Billet Grill, CAI, FR500's, GT Rockers, Fang Chin Spoiler, Pypes X Pipe and GT Take Off's. Stainless Short Headers. Shaker Hood Scoop.
svastano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #57
Joeb1knobe

Vehicle: 2007 V6 Pony package

Just moved up from Florida and had the same issue. I tried using the 3 m adhesive spray, but after a short time the top began to peel back off, the leather is very soft and didn't hold it's shape well when I repaired it. I also didnt remove the old padding either, I will try this and hopefully get the same results you did
Joeb1knobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #58
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

I ended up taking my car to a local upholstery shop. They put brand new vinyl on the door panels and the little sections on the sides in the rear seat area. They used a much thicker foam than Ford did, and also put new silver welting around the edge. Right around $200 for everything, with me supplying the material. Check with your local shops, they should be able to handle it.
JLT, DiabloSport, Eibach, Toyo, FRPP, BMR, Silver Horse Racing, Hooker, MAC, Hurst, MRT

Toyota sucks - why? here and here
MTAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #59
Griffs1999

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Default THX!

WOOOHOOOO!

Thanks so much for this guide. I've had my 2005 Mustang for a little over a year, and there had always been a little sag in the driver side door. Recently it had gotten so bad I could no longer ignore it. Like others I'd found that the repair was gonna cost an arm and a leg. Found your guide and just fixed my door 2 days ago. It looks brand new now.

I have one suggestion for people, if you do use a bit too much cement like I did. I had a few bubbles starting to show up, so every 20-30mins I would make sure to go and press the leather back down. After about 4 hours they stopped showing up.
Griffs1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #60
Menace
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

Is there a way of completely removing that backing panel? Mine has been bubbly for a couple months now, but today the panel fell down completely and was irritating so I just took the whole thing off (and then realized it takes the bottom piece out too) which is just screaming for trouble. I wish I had the ability and knowledge to redo my entire interior like that haul over that company did (then teased us and never released any parts to buy) but this just concludes my decision to never buy a Ford vehicle ever. I think I've taken good care of the car, and others have commented on my obsessive nature saying it is "Just a car" well, now they have convinced me too because no matter how well I treat it it is falling apart due to crappy material and workmanship.. Ah well. ANYWAY, back on topic tho.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:51 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 2005, 2006, back, door, doors, falling, fix, ford, interior, leather, mustang, panel, panels, put, repair, sagging