Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

cool man, one day I'm sure I'll have to do this to my car
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

The pass side of mine came off 2 weeks ago, so last week I glued it back on. This time was much easier since the bottom seam was still in tack. Now that I had experience from the drivers side this time it only took me 25 mins from start to finish. My drivers side is still going strong after I fixed it, one bubble but I think that was caused by me but it looks fine. My car is going on 4 years old so I don't get upset over little things any more. Once the top edge starts to peal off, then tackle it immediately.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:53 PM
archangel76

Thumbs up THANK YOU!

I know this post is old, but Praise The Lord...it was a prayer answered, and save me tons of money. May The Lord bless you for sharing your solution.

Seriously, my door panel looks better than the day I bought it!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

that why i left the pictures hosted because even tohugh its old, it will still help those on this site :-) glad everything worked out for you
Old 07-17-2010, 05:16 PM
amanda33565

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! My whole pleather piece from the top part was hanging all the way down over the arm rest. I left it like that because Ford told me that I had to order a whole new door panel. My mom was bored at work one day and decided to do some research on how to fix it and ran across this one after going to a couple other sites. I went today and bought the contact cement and did it. It literally took me about 10 to 15 minutes to do the passenger side. My car door looks so good again. It will not be long before I have to do the other side, but decided to wait to do it so that I can show my husband how I did it. Once again thank you to the original poster for posting this. It saved me a ton of money and time.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:08 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

This thread should be a "Sticky" in the "How To" section. Very useful to all S197 members.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:37 PM
titogunz

Holy crap! Ford Dealer wanted to charge me $150 for this very same repair...Looks like I'll have a few extra bucks in my pocket for, well, whatever. lol GREAT DIY!!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:52 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

glad its still helping you all :-)

i plan on leaving the pics hosted forever lol
Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Fedupwithford

Default Pealing door panels

Thanks for the great suggestions, I used the Contact Cement and the panels are holding fine as of today, in the Louisiana heat.
I have had several other mechanical issues with my car including a noisy differential, repaired 4 times by FixOrRepairDaily, and the latest was replacement of the throttle bodie. The door panels were the last straw.

I will be replacing my Mustang with a Toyota or Chevy truck.

By the way I have been a loyal FORD owner for 30+ years, 3 Mustangs, 3 Thunderbirds, Crown Vic ect,ect.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:36 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fedupwithford
Thanks for the great suggestions, I used the Contact Cement and the panels are holding fine as of today, in the Louisiana heat.
I have had several other mechanical issues with my car including a noisy differential, repaired 4 times by FixOrRepairDaily, and the latest was replacement of the throttle bodie. The door panels were the last straw.

I will be replacing my Mustang with a Toyota or Chevy truck.

By the way I have been a loyal FORD owner for 30+ years, 3 Mustangs, 3 Thunderbirds, Crown Vic ect,ect.
Have you looked at the TSB on Toyotas or paid attention to their recalls? I wouldn't jump ship so quickly!
Sounds like to me, perhaps you got a lemon. You realize there are lemons in EVERY car brands.
In the 30+ years of driving, I've owned many different brands, but out of all of them, nothing beats my FORDS!

Quick Reply: Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**