Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:16 AM
ndpoole

You posted this in 2009, have you had to redo this since then? I applied the 3M high performance spray recommended by so many and in a year in Texas it is down again. I am looking for another resolution, because I am not doing this every year!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:35 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Contact cement. Works well... and in the many years in the FL heat.... has remained intact.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:48 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ndpoole
You posted this in 2009, have you had to redo this since then? I applied the 3M high performance spray recommended by so many and in a year in Texas it is down again. I am looking for another resolution, because I am not doing this every year!
Onfir sold his roush a couple of years ago, but the door panels were still holding up when it was sold.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:54 PM
bfunke

I fixed my daughter's 07 using 3M Super77 spray adhesive two years ago and it's holding up just fine. Use painters tape to mask areas from overspray and a new bondo applicator or kitchen spatula to smooth the panel cover.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:09 PM
Decepticon
1st Gear Member

Went to get into my car this morning and both sides have come undone from the armrest up. I was like

My Saleen is a garage-queen too, always garage kept and never left parked in the sun for long periods at a time. 2006 with only 34,000 miles

I immediately searched Google for a fix and this thread came up.

Last edited by Decepticon; 10-28-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

As I've posted a few times... I did mine pursuant to the original procedure and with the original adhesive as stated. It's been YEARS now... in the HOT SW FLORIDA SUN... and it's all still will adhered.

Just sayin'.. :-)
Old 10-17-2015, 12:51 PM
Otter

Originally Posted by Boneman
As I've posted a few times... I did mine pursuant to the original procedure and with the original adhesive as stated. It's been YEARS now... in the HOT SW FLORIDA SUN... and it's all still will adhered.

Just sayin'.. :-)
Got to agree with the above, tried the 3M spray first, didn't last. Used the Weldwood as one of the original posters recommended and followed his instructions to the letter. I think the main thing is to make sure you rub all the old residual glue/matting off before you apply the new glue.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I remember reading this thread when it first was posted, lol.
Here I am again! And not because I was bored.

Noticed mine was starting to come out of the seam the other day, in fact on her 10 year to date birthday!

My factors, Hmm, 10 years. Only 68k. Mostly garage kept, always dark window tint. Only driven in 2 winters. Chicago-land weather, its gets hot, but not Florida or Texas hot.

Im going with poor idea on Fords part for the design.

Since it only just started on the one door and only a few inches along the top, I am going to wait until Spring. I don't think I will see to many more days over 65 degrees to do it in before I put it away for the winter.

See this thread in May!

PS I might just paint some staples black, toss em in my trusty Swingline and go to town!

Old 10-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Decepticon
1st Gear Member

Doing this now...waiting for the first coat to dry and honestly Im nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof...I have OCD too lol...doing it exactly as ONF1R says in his instructions...exact same tools and cement.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Decepticon
1st Gear Member

and done... all went well...was done on a sunny 74F day inside my garage with the garage door open..

Leaving car doors open to air out and dry more until dark in about an hour and a half.

Hope she holds...

Quick Reply: Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**