Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Which brand for sequential tail lights??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
2008moosetang
1st Gear Member

I got my here, http://www.meter4it.com/ I really like having the option of chase or seq. I had a previous kit that just had the sequential and since I installed the kit its been on Chase and no complaints. The kit is a little more time consuming then a plug and play but not to much work.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I have the cdc,work great,simple install!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

WebElectric here, I got the one that comes with the OEM harness so no cutting or splicing involved.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Elcameeeno
What is the lone green wire used for on each side? (Picture on the AM site) It looks like it needs to be crimped to something...
I'll make a guess that it's a trigger wire. On my Webelectric install I used his instructions on how to apply the sequencing only when the turn indicators were employed. It required cutting the green trigger wires (which were spliced to the rear lamp hot wires) and splicing these to the front turn indicator wires at the junction box, making sure that left was to left and right was to right. As a result, my lamps do not sequence when I depress the brake pedal.

BB
Semper Fi
Old 09-25-2009, 03:44 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by flash_xx
WebElectric here, I got the one that comes with the OEM harness so no cutting or splicing involved.
We have a bunch of sets of the WebElectric Sequentials here at the shop

$119 w/ Free Shipping

WebElectic Sequentials

Thanks

Ken
Old 09-27-2009, 11:34 AM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

i want one that will flash multiple times not just once. Which ones do, i saw one but i cant remember if it was on the 2010 mustang or an older one.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by graygt07
i want one that will flash multiple times not just once.
All sequentials have an electronic module which is triggered by a change in voltage on a sensing or trigger wire. From the manufacturers these sensing wires are usually attached to the input voltage line for the lamps. This means that when the turn indicator module or PCM (in 2007s and up) flashes the turn signal, the lights sequence and will continue to sequence each time the flash voltage is sent to the bulbs. Where you are hearing the sequence once event is when you hit the brakes. This is because the rear turn signals share the same wire as the rear brakes.

Now to avoid the single cycle of the sequencing when you depress the brakes you need to disconnect the sensing or trigger wire from the rear lamp power wire and connect the appropriate trigger wire to the front turn signal lamp hot wires. Then the sequencing module will only flash each time your front turn signal flashes. When you hit the brakes, they will not sequence.

BB
Semper Fi
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Elcameeeno
1st Gear Member

I just installed the set I got from AM. So easy a caveman could do it!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by Elcameeeno
I just installed the set I got from AM. So easy a caveman could do it!
Can you put up a video of your kit from am? I wonder how good their kit is...
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Elcameeeno
1st Gear Member

I don't have any video capabilty, but basically you pull the center trim piece, unbolt the tail light housings, swap out the harnesses and bulbs and put it back together. Took about twenty minutes start to finish. The turn signals flash center ->outwards. And the brake lights sequence once center out when the brake pedal is depressed. The kit is a direct replacement and the quality appears to be at least equal to OEM.

Quick Reply: Which brand for sequential tail lights??