Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Installing foose hood and spoiler, any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Don't buy the hood, Don't buy the hood................that's what I keep telling myself. Looks good! That hood WILL be on my car, I can't wait!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

Here's a pic of the spoiler on mine:

This spoiler actually uses the same holes/templates as the CDC ducktail.

I have a few more shots of it in my profile.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I do like that hood, with a hole in it though.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

ya i think the foose hood with the shaker is one of the best combos
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I just dropped the car off at the shop for the eibach pro kit, dampers, baer rotors and new brake pads to be installed along with the adj panhard bar. Last of the stuff for this round except that CDDC grill due in tomorrow. Can't wait to see it!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by suoperdave84
Thanks man. You'd better hurry though. CDC has the last of them and no more will ever be made.
Dont mean to thread jack, but where did you get the Foose side skirts? I cant find them anywhere. lol
Old 10-23-2009, 09:51 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rad_rob
Dont mean to thread jack, but where did you get the Foose side skirts? I cant find them anywhere. lol
CDC has the skirts, front and rear facias for the Foose Stallion. the catch is that they have no instructions or hardware and the parts will need fabrication to fit. They just don't have the parts on their website, you have to call.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:05 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I got my Foose parts from Quantum-Tecstar before CDC got the rest of the stock. I didn't hear that CDC had the skirts, but ShaneM is right, there are a lot of parts to get it all to go on right. If they have the plastic railings and fasteners and stuff included, then great....if not, you won't be able to get them on the car.

I got very very lucky with finding the parts. Unique Performance refused to sell them. I contacted everyone I could for about a year before I got them. I ended up paying $290 for a Foose spoiler, side skirts, rear bumper, plus she threw in Foose floormats too.

Not a bad deal for painted parts. Too bad they were painted the wrong color.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by suoperdave84
I got my Foose parts from Quantum-Tecstar before CDC got the rest of the stock. I didn't hear that CDC had the skirts, but ShaneM is right, there are a lot of parts to get it all to go on right. If they have the plastic railings and fasteners and stuff included, then great....if not, you won't be able to get them on the car.

I got very very lucky with finding the parts. Unique Performance refused to sell them. I contacted everyone I could for about a year before I got them. I ended up paying $290 for a Foose spoiler, side skirts, rear bumper, plus she threw in Foose floormats too.

Not a bad deal for painted parts. Too bad they were painted the wrong color.
What a bummer. The Foose side skirts are about the only side skirts that I actually like as far as kits go. Ill either be going with those or just OEM, and by the looks of things, probably OEM. Is there no way to get the plastic pieces youre talking about to install them?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rad_rob
What a bummer. The Foose side skirts are about the only side skirts that I actually like as far as kits go. Ill either be going with those or just OEM, and by the looks of things, probably OEM. Is there no way to get the plastic pieces youre talking about to install them?
I have no idea bud. You'll have to contact Classic Design Concepts and ask them if they have the parts. For the side skirts, if I remember right, there are plastic rails that run along the whole side of the car, and there are special clips (which I have never seen before) that clip into them and hold the side skirts to the car. Ordinary "Christmas Tree" clips (like the ones that hold on the OEM skirts) can work for under the car.

That should be all you need for the skirts I think....well that and double-sided tape for the door pieces and a little for the skirts near the wheels.

Quick Reply: Installing foose hood and spoiler, any tips?