Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Photoshop help/stripe color opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:47 AM
PONYGRL

Awesome thanks guys. I kinda like the lime green and orange the best.... The grabber blue looks really good too, I just dk if it is bright enough or not. I want to incorporate my stripe color into my interior too so Ill have to think about it some more.

Thanks for the chops, they look awesome

Which color does everyone else like the best? I already have the blue/black Roush seats and will hopefully be changing out my dash kit to a carbon fiber one... and eventually doing all black or black w/chrome lip wheels
Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

imo, the blue stands out enough to make a difference, but not enough to be gaudy; i think it's my favorite.

the orange and redfire are probably my second fav. and, personally, i think the lime almost stands out too much.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Let me give you some very good advice when looking for a stripe color to set your car off. Its nice that your looking for something outside of the basic colors but your running a huge risk putting a color on the car that has nothing to tie that color into the rest of the car's look. Your stripe color needs to highlight or set off the color of the car. Much like wheels, the color combo has to complement the car other wise all people will see is the stripes and not the car. The two primary colors I see on her car now is black and blue with black being the your "highlight" color. That is why the black stripes work so well with it now. Take a look at all the black on your car and you will see what I'm talking about. If you go with a color that is not in the black or blue color spectrum it will look out of place. So...if you go with say the red your going to have to change all of the black you can to the vista blue for it to work or the stripe will just not pop. Also, whatever color be pick think about going with a Metallic instead of a flat since vista blue is a metallic paint.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
ICIBUY
2nd Gear Member

YEP what Cutter said excatlly!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:19 AM
mustangchrism
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Let me give you some very good advice when looking for a stripe color to set your car off. Its nice that your looking for something outside of the basic colors but your running a huge risk putting a color on the car that has nothing to tie that color into the rest of the car's look. Your stripe color needs to highlight or set off the color of the car. Much like wheels, the color combo has to complement the car other wise all people will see is the stripes and not the car. The two primary colors I see on her car now is black and blue with black being the your "highlight" color. That is why the black stripes work so well with it now. Take a look at all the black on your car and you will see what I'm talking about. If you go with a color that is not in the black or blue color spectrum it will look out of place. So...if you go with say the red your going to have to change all of the black you can to the vista blue for it to work or the stripe will just not pop. Also, whatever color be pick think about going with a Metallic instead of a flat since vista blue is a metallic paint.
If we decide to change the color stripes we will definitely be getting the hood scoop, chin spoiler, and spoiler painted to match the car. And thanks for the help

Any stripe color opinions would be helpful to.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:06 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangchrism
If we decide to change the color stripes we will definitely be getting the hood scoop, chin spoiler, and spoiler painted to match the car. And thanks for the help

Any stripe color opinions would be helpful to.
Your very welcome. Couple of questions for you, Are you staying with the silver paint bullets for wheels or going with something else later?

Here some pics of my girlfriends Roush, this type of stripe works well. If you like it I can get you the sizes and spacing.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:19 PM
PONYGRL

I'm going to be getting either all black or black w/chrome lip 18's. Her car looks really nice but I think I would like to get something similar to the super snake stripe on mine, so about a 2 ft wide stripe (something like his: https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...lled-pics.html ) and also want to get a rocker panel stripe that says "Roush" only on the bottom the same color as my stripe color
Old 01-09-2010, 10:25 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PONYGRL
I'm going to be getting either all black or black w/chrome lip 18's. Her car looks really nice but I think I would like to get something similar to the super snake stripe on mine, so about a 2 ft wide stripe (something like his: https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...lled-pics.html ) and also want to get a rocker panel stripe that says "Roush" only on the bottom the same color as my stripe color
In that case I would stay with black for a stripe color. Gloss black will give you more of a pop than flat and if you want to spice it up a bit I would recommend having them spray a blue pearl clear coat over them to give them a nice blue shimmer in the light.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
bmr251
1st Gear Member

i like the lime green, its not tacky but its really unique.. she'd definitely be the only one on the road and car shows with that combination
Old 01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

If you are gonna get custom paint, go with gloss and get a two tone.

If you are gonna get a sticker then I like white.

This pops!

Quick Reply: Photoshop help/stripe color opinions