Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #51
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
TorchVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie65 View Post
What color are the sides of your seats?? Black or charcoal? Asking because the Saleen headrests are black and they seem a bit off next to the stock charcoal seats. I have the Saleens in mine and the more I look at this thread, the more I think this maybe a winter project.

I reupholstered some seats on my last car ('68 Nova) and would assume if anything, these would be a bit easier.

And BTW, where did you buy yours??

They look great BTW!!!
Sides on mine are the black, yes, it is a little darker than the stock charcoal, but with the red/black theme, the contrast was most important to me, and I was ditching the charcoal anyway. The Saleen's also seem a tiny bit darker than the Ford charcoal, and match up well.

I did upholstery on my '67 'stang, and yeah, doing the current vintage cars is MUCH easier. Many things now are held on with plastic clips and velcro, not the dozens of hog rings on an older car. (though you will need an inexpensive set of hog ring pliers for the few that are in the seats to do the job right)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011

Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #52
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Vehicle: 2006GT/Gone but not forgotten/2008 Shelby GT500 now!

We had red inserts on the Katzins as well.
The red is a LITTLE off like said compared to stock but I opted not to put in the
side panel replacements that Katzkin offers for free because the install shop told me
they seemed to not last long and wrinkle or droop.

Could have been B.S. from them because it was a dealership that installed them but
who knows. It was not enough of a difference to me to matter.

2008 Shelby GT500-Black/Charcoal Stripes
Blacksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #53
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 GT

Looks great!

Are they all leather or leather and vinyl like the factory seats? Hows the quality of the leather?
White05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #54
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Send a message via AIM to eddypython

Ok, so where is the best place to order these from ? I don't want to go to a dealer ( 2 1/2 hours away )I want to order online, see what I'm ordering and install my self.

I've been searching and all I find is to contact them through a online form fill out gigamathingy or find a dealer.

Poud member of www.militarystangs.com
eddypython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
0509, 1992, 2005, airbags, covers, ford, forumredoing, katskin, katskins, katzkin, katzskin, maryland, mustang, seat, side, upholstery