Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Pics of new GT500 Rear and Decklid Blackout!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:27 PM
kenny17
2nd Gear Member

looks really good, im hoping one pops up on craigslist ha.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Looks good dude. As far as the color goes, if you are happy with it then let it go and don't worry. If you are not happy and a nitpicker like me, then I can tell you the body guy is BSing you. The paint should match up perfectly from day one. It wont darken, on the contrary cars that get a lot of sun may have some fading but no darkening. As far as plastics and metals taking a different shade, that too is BS. Look at your OEM parts and you will see they match up just fine. In the old days when they first came out with resins, plastics and fiberglass there were problems with coloring, but those days are gone. It's been my experience that body shops become really good a telling you some BS story so you wont complain. I have a critical eye and I always catch that stuff. That's one reason I don't mod the body on mine, cause I will be really unhappy if it isn't perfect. I had a shop give me trouble fixing a dent in my black truck a few years back. They matched up the paint (kinda hard to screw up black) but left scratches in the clear that I later decided to buff out myself. I had the same matching problem when my wife's old Accord needed a new rear bumper. The guy actually told me he did the color to the Honda specs. That the rest of my car was messed up and not his paint job. What a total load of BS that was.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by digitalcos
Worse case scenario, you can always poke the holes with a pin and work the air bubbles out. It happens. I love the black out panels on lighter cars.
Thats exactly the plan. Thanks for the compliment.
Originally Posted by chronos
Looks good dude. As far as the color goes, if you are happy with it then let it go and don't worry. If you are not happy and a nitpicker like me, then I can tell you the body guy is BSing you. The paint should match up perfectly from day one. It wont darken, on the contrary cars that get a lot of sun may have some fading but no darkening. As far as plastics and metals taking a different shade, that too is BS. Look at your OEM parts and you will see they match up just fine. In the old days when they first came out with resins, plastics and fiberglass there were problems with coloring, but those days are gone. It's been my experience that body shops become really good a telling you some BS story so you wont complain.
Thanks for the info chronos. I think I'll just let it sit for now but if it really starts bothering me I'll give the shop a call. It really is more noticeable in the photos than it is in person, as this stuff usually it is. Thanks again for the input
Old 02-16-2010, 12:27 AM
kenny17
2nd Gear Member

is it just me or is the left exhaust hanging lower?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:04 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kenny17
is it just me or is the left exhaust hanging lower?
I see that too, on his and a bunch of other Sixers, mine included. Thats just how it goes lol... Congrats Staggo! Looks awesome, the vinyl too
Old 02-16-2010, 07:02 AM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Congrats man. Flows great with your car. I'd be more pissed about the dent behind the scoop than the paint; especially if you say it isnt as noticable in person. Good choice with the gt500 rear, I wanna pick one up eventually too.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 AM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

It looks good but I think your painter screwed you on the bumper. The color match looks terrible
Old 02-16-2010, 10:33 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

looks good but time for some new wheels lol!!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:42 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

lol yeah wheels are to come eventually lol. And someone mentioned the dent behind the scoop and you're right it is annoying. The thing is that I had it removed by the dealership but it just came back over time. That and when it's gone the gast tank opening is too small to close/open the lid properly so its a real pain.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys
Old 02-17-2010, 09:38 AM
06BlackStangGT
1st Gear Member

i love that shelby rear end. Where did u get it from?

Quick Reply: Pics of new GT500 Rear and Decklid Blackout!