Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Exterior mod.. I am stumped

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Default Exterior mod.. I am stumped

Right now I'm satisfied with my front end, but my rear end is starting to fall behind.

There is another guy in my club that has silver w/red interior, which is cool, but from a distance behind, we look almost like twins. He has the SHR panel and I have the black magnetic.
I can't think of anything else really to jazz up my rear. I need to get rid of that magnet and replace with something else. I have thought about trims for the rear lights. Sequentials are pretty cool, but I don't want to spend a whole lot of money right now since I'm doing gears and lowering. Need some ideas.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 AM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

I think sequentials would look awesome. I am going to get those eventually. Although you don't really see them unless you use your blinker. I think black trim for the rear lights would be a nice subtle touch to match your blackout panel. What spoiler do you have? The GT500 spoiler is only around $100 painted from thespoilerstore, but its a gamble as to whether you get a good one, lol.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/car...ategory_id=255

was never a fan of the trim around the lights. I did it on mine and took it off that night
Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I'm not too big on tail light trim myself. The thought did come up at one point. I have the stock GT spoiler.

Feels like I'm just missing something to make my rear unique. Well, I do have a 3rd brake light decal but.. Hmmmm.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I have the SHR honeycomb blackout panel as shown above and it did a nice "spicing" up of the rear on my alloy. My g/f's Legend Lime has the magnetic panel and that seems to be holding up and looks good on her car. She also likes chrome and has the chrome tailight trim plus we both have sequentials. The chrome is not my bag but it does look nice on her car. Other than that, perhaps smoked tailights?

My g/f also has the 3rd light decal and I had to install a brighter bulb to help it stand out.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:28 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

maybe put "mustang" letters across the trunk? also, the thin tail light trim i got on ebay is a very subtle alternative to wide/bulky ones...

Old 03-22-2010, 01:17 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

leave the black magnetic.....

what you need to do is get the roush spoiler for the back...u already have the front bumper....

take it one step at a time....

dont do a couple small things and still wonder about if they were the right things to do...
go big with adding the roush rear spoiler and you will have the "big impact" look change you want....

you wont regret it....

this is your car:

roush rear spoiler

after that, u can gradually add the window louvers and hood scoop...work to complete the look!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:37 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

^OMG. I have been thinking about the Roush spoiler.. I was checking out one yesterday during the mustang cruise. Its all your fault, you're 427R is too hot
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

lololol i am here to guide fellow roush enthusiasts down the right path :-)

that is what i would do, they are sexy....

if u still want to get rid of your magnetic, ill take it off of your hands, im looking for one :-)
Old 03-22-2010, 01:48 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

It's not perfect unless you really want it and if it comes off in 1 piece lol. I am going to find a replacement first before I take it off though. I might just do matte vinyl. Still pondering.

Lol you got me looking at the Roush site and stage 3 motorsports.

Quick Reply: Exterior mod.. I am stumped