Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Lower Grill Fog Lights??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:00 PM
jasoncase

Question Lower Grill Fog Lights??

So I'm picking up my "new" 2006 GT convertible tomorrow morning. I really want to move the stock fogs to the lower grill opening. I love the look of the Billet grills but am not crazy about the stock upper fog placement. The car has the CDC chin spoiler. I'm concerned that the stock lights may not fit. If that's the case how difficult would it be to install some smaller aftermarket fogs. I appreciate any help and opinions. Picture link attached. pinions.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:23 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Something like this?

Details can be found here (edit: to be clear, this isn't my car. I just found this thread a while back and liked the idea).

I tried a set up like this, but I installed the lights in the outer bumper and wasn't happy with the results, so I went with plan B - 1968 parking lamps

I've actually still got the lamps from my first attempt and I've been looking to sell them. They're great lights, they just didn't look right in the outer bumper.

Here's the Amazon link. I'm not selling the harness that they came with, I used it for my plan B, but you wouldn't need it with a GT. If you're interested send me a PM, Obviously I wouldn't be asking anywhere near what I paid for them. I'll give you a good price.

Last edited by digitalcos; 04-08-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:01 AM
spiechu
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jasoncase
So I'm picking up my "new" 2006 GT convertible tomorrow morning. I really want to move the stock fogs to the lower grill opening. I love the look of the Billet grills but am not crazy about the stock upper fog placement. The car has the CDC chin spoiler. I'm concerned that the stock lights may not fit. If that's the case how difficult would it be to install some smaller aftermarket fogs. I appreciate any help and opinions. Picture link attached. pinions.
I’ve been thinking about the same for a long time. I love Eleanor frog lights but on stock bumper they wouldn’t look good. I’m waiting for other to post their ideas.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:49 AM
brcrane14

Digital, your lower foglight mod looks awesome and very unique. Great idea!

Id also like to have lower fog rather than the ones up top! Can't wait to see what others have done.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
HEMI LOL
1st Gear Member

I was thinking kinda like the C-500 kit, but on a stock bumper. i think with the right front lip combo that would look pretty mean.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:07 PM
spiechu
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by HEMI LOL
I was thinking kinda like the C-500 kit, but on a stock bumper. i think with the right front lip combo that would look pretty mean.
right but where to find those lights?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
sinabite

Necro-Posting, but if the OP ever actually tackled this project......just curious to what it looked like?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:40 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by spiechu
I’ve been thinking about the same for a long time.
I love Eleanor frog lights but on stock bumper they wouldn’t look good.
I’m waiting for other to post their ideas.
I love the Eleanor Frog lights as well...
Attached Thumbnails Lower Grill Fog Lights??-img_3044small.jpg  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:49 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

I remember seeing a guy pull off something like digitalcos did on a regular gt bumper and it looked good. It was on one of the other mustang forums i think. Used a tube found in speaker sub boxes for the shell and regular fogs purchased at autozone if I remember right.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:11 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I have also been interested in this. Would love to see someone that has done this. Pretty sure I could fit mine down there with the CDC aggressive.. but the A/C condensor may be in the way.

Quick Reply: Lower Grill Fog Lights??