Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT Alloy vert

The CDC bar was the very first mod to my car and took maybe 2 hours tops, but that was the first time tearing into things, so I could probably do it a lot quicker now. It is fairly simple as long as you follow the directions... but it looks like the CDC directions are a bit more thorough than the Stack based on Keno's experience.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
E-force 455RWHP/433RWTQ, 3.5 in. pulley, GT500 pumps, CDC vert bar & Classic Chin, Roush billet grill, GTAs, Saleen Heritage rear fascia, Steeda Billet LCAs, CHE anti-squat, MGW shifter, A47 mirrors, Aeroforce gauges, Bullitt steering wheel, Foose hood, PH DS, Bullitt suspension, Brembos

Doogie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
TorchVert

Did the CDC myself shortly after I got the car. Piece 'o cake. Follow the directions and it's an easy DIY project.

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011

Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
2008gtcs
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT/CS 'vert
Default CDC light bar install short cuts

At the time when I installed my CDC, the car was under lease so I did the least invasive install that I could. I also bought additional quarter trim top panels for when I would have to return the car to Ford, I was going to remove the light bar and sell it here or on ebay. (These plastic top panels have to have a 2" hole for the metal tube portion to go through). The CDC instructions are very thorough and quality is top notch _ I'd pay the extra $$ for the completeness and detail of the instruction sheets. After a couple hours of really eyeballing the directions and my car, I was able to skip a couple steps.

1. you don't need to remove the rear seat cushion OR seat back. Using a flashlight and a fish tape (or coat hangar wire) you can snake the tap in wire for the brake light - if so equipped. You can also reach the Pass. side electrical connection, buy carefully flexing the back seat side trim panel.

2. to install the brackets on each side, you don't need to drill into the body. the top 2 factory seat belt bolts are sufficient. (I know the CDC say directions say otherwise but the roll bar itself is finally attached to the brackets only with 2 meager set screws)
The "light bar" is called that not a "roll bar". It offers no roll over protection and body stiffening is questionable. Bottom line. I bought out the lease and kept the car. It's going on 4 years now and I have never had a problem with the install.

If you are considering the light bar for your vert, buy the CDC and give it a look see / test install, then you can determine for yourself. As long as you are confident using hand and power tools, even if you do the body drilling for the brackets, the CDC instructions are so detailed you can't mess up. IF you are overly concerned about the metal drill filings, lay down rags, duct tape sticky side up or have a buddy shop vac as you drill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0020.jpg (21.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0022.jpg (20.4 KB, 8 views)
2008gtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008gtcs View Post
2. to install the brackets on each side, you don't need to drill into the body. the top 2 factory seat belt bolts are sufficient. (I know the CDC say directions say otherwise but the roll bar itself is finally attached to the brackets only with 2 meager set screws)
The "light bar" is called that not a "roll bar". It offers no roll over protection and body stiffening is questionable. Bottom line. I bought out the lease and kept the car. It's going on 4 years now and I have never had a problem with the install.
I just bought the style bar, I have heard other people say the same thing about not having to drill. My question is, by not drill do you comprimise the safety of the seat belts?

thanks

chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
Twstones
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang convertible

No effect on the seat belt. The guides reattach in the original holes. I too think it's the best mod I have made yet.....
* Black bullet grill w/tri-bar pony * '10 GT 18" NTO wheels & tires * Tri-bar pony wheel centers * Rear black-out panel * Black tail light surrounds * Sequential tail lights * CDC light bar * Trunk release button * Mirror skull caps * SHR billet heater controls * Steeda strut tower brace * Tri-bar pony floor mats * Hood lift struts * AM Black Bullitt Fuel Door * CDC chin spoiler * NTO GT duals * SCT tune * Ford Racing CAI * CDC turn signal mirrors * Auto-dim mirror w/garage door openers
Twstones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 AM   #16
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

cool it will make the install much easier!

chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1989, bar, bars, cdc, cobra, cost, fox, install, installation, installed, instructions, light, mustang, stylebar, styling