Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Eleanor body kit advice/help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 AM
StealthRT

Lightbulb Eleanor body kit advice/help

Hey all, new to the forums and new to the new gen mustang GT's. I'm looking to get a 2005 GT soon and was wondering about the Eleanor body kit and some other addons for it.

I've seen a few members that have the Elanor body kit but i am unable to send them a PM to talk to them about their setup so i will just post here.

Member:

LL05GT: You have a decent looking rear bumper. What do you think of it?

HYPERGT: I like the STALKER rear end but like most people, including you, i hate the "STALKER" engraving on it. How do you like yours still? Did you ever try to get the "STALKER" covered up?

SaddleUp: I really like your setup. Can you tell me what pieces you bought for your ride? Also, what kind of lowering springs did you use?

Basically, i like the Eleanor kit but i do not like the side exhaust pipes. So i need to find some pieces that will go nicely with the Eleanor front bumper, hood and upper and lower scoops. Since the Eleanor does not have any cutouts for the exhaust pipes in the back, i am looking to go with the "STALKER" bumper IF i can get those "STALKER" letters covered up. If not, then i'm going to have to find someone else close to it (i like the exhaust pipes being surrounded instead of hagging down on the bottom as they do stock).

So any help from the members above or anyone else who have seen or have some type of body kit already would be great feedback! Also, places to get these kits/pieces would also be helpful. Right now i have pretty good prices from a website called CJ Pony Parts and American Muscle.

And if you were wondering, my screen name, StealthRT, is from my other car i have, a Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo (dont hate ).

Thanks,
David
Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

have you looked into the roush rear valance and rocker panels? im not sure if it would flow perfectly with the cervini front bumper, but you could proably call them up and ask how much clearance there would b, and go from there...there is also a member on here who has the cervini eleanor kit(cant remember his name but he has a white 05-09 gt) i'd ask him what he got
Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Hi and welcome to mf.

My car has Street Scene sideskirts and rear valance in order to prevent needing side-exit exhaust. I liked the look of rear dual exit exhausts in the back. Other than those parts, the rest came from Cervinis (hood, front bumper, upper and lower grills, fog lights, side and window scoops, and three piece tail).
Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM
StealthRT

Originally Posted by shad2009
have you looked into the roush rear valance and rocker panels? im not sure if it would flow perfectly with the cervini front bumper, but you could proably call them up and ask how much clearance there would b, and go from there...there is also a member on here who has the cervini eleanor kit(cant remember his name but he has a white 05-09 gt) i'd ask him what he got
Thanks for the suggestion on the Roush rear. I took a look at it and though it does look nice, i am in the mind set of having the exhaust pipe going through the bumper instead of hanging somewhat below it without anything under the pipe itself. It's just a cosmetic thing to me-to me it looks better.

As for the rocker panels. I can not really find a good picture of it. Most are straight-on looking at the car and with no angles. If someone from the board has those rockers and with an angle view, then please feel free to post it

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Hi and welcome to mf.

My car has Street Scene sideskirts and rear valance in order to prevent needing side-exit exhaust. I liked the look of rear dual exit exhausts in the back. Other than those parts, the rest came from Cervinis (hood, front bumper, upper and lower grills, fog lights, side and window scoops, and three piece tail).
Thanks for the welcome, SaddleUp. I can not seem to find a good picture of the Street Scene sideskirts? The only good pic i can find is in your sig and thats pretty small as well. So you got the Vervinis bumper? I didn't think that came with any notches for your exhaust pipes?

That also reminds me: How much did it cost for you to get all those parts painted? And for the fog lights in the front, i still want to keep the stock ones above in the grill AND the other 2 below. Is that possible with the Elenore kit?

Again, thank you both for helping with my questions

David
Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Yes, u can still keep the fog lights in your upper grille as well as have them in the lower grille...just dont order the upper billet grille from cervinis...ive seen a youtube video of someone with that setup and it was nice, alot of lights lol, but nice...good luck with everything man
Old 07-29-2010, 05:12 PM
StealthRT

Originally Posted by shad2009
Yes, u can still keep the fog lights in your upper grille as well as have them in the lower grille...just dont order the upper billet grille from cervinis...ive seen a youtube video of someone with that setup and it was nice, alot of lights lol, but nice...good luck with everything man
Hey thanks for the good wishes there, shad2009. It seems its going to take some time to get all this ordered correctly so i guess the more knowledge i have about each part, the easier it will be to come to a conclusion on which i should get and which i should stay away from

Any more input would be greatly appreciated from the MF forums!

David