Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Hooray for wrecks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

Default Hooray for wrecks!

Okay, well... not really hooray. Really, they pretty much suck. Anyway, last night a guy in an Expedition made a left turn in front of me, failing to properly yield. Just barely clipped the front bumper support, so the body work took the brunt of the impact. Looks pretty ugly, busted the radiator and support, headlight, bumper, fender... hopefully that's all.

On the plus side everyone was insured, and his insurance (Geico) has accepted liability for the damages. Still need to see an adjuster, and pick a shop. I think I found a good one pretty close by, all 5 star ratings online, and the Google street view of the shop shows what looks like an old GTO in the yard. Probably gonna see how they'll treat me.

And here's a couple pics of the carnage.

Hopefully things go smoothly.

Obviously it'll need a bumper, fender, and hood. Thinking about the CS bumper, if anyone's got the right part number for the Accessory that comes with all the bits and bobs at a reduced price, that would help. Of course, I've always wanted to go with this hood but I doubt the finishing of the fiberglass would be less than the difference in price between it and the $1200 factory hood. Also, don't know how that would look with the CS bumper. Ah well. I'm sure I'll have a couple days to figure this stuff out, at least.

Last edited by Kotobuki; 08-13-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:10 AM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

sorry to hear about the wreck, but holy shat thats an expensive hood
Old 08-13-2010, 10:24 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

CS front cover kit with attaching hardware part# 6R3Z-6320049-AA
Old 08-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

partsbill, that's awesome, thanks. Anyone know which dealer everyone around here calls to get those cheap-like? Is it Tasca Ford?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

$296.26 at Texas Motors Ford
http://www.texasmotorsfordparts.com/...&siteid=214462
Old 08-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

partsbill, you are awesome. Thanks much for that. I'll be sure to have that info when I go in. Should be a cake walk to get the bumper set up.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Glad to see you're ok. Time to upgrade that front! I'd personally go with a GT500 conversion
Old 08-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

GT500's not really my cup-o-tea as it were. Always like the GT/CS front, though. Besides, I really like the way Fang/Aeroform aped the '68 Shelby style, and that wouldn't work with the GT-500 front. Don't think that hood will be going on at this point, but maybe in the future. I'll have to talk to the body guys about it, see what they think, but I don't think it's feasible for now.

That said, I have decided to go with this shop. Their reviews online are all excellent, and the stuff on their site looks good. Besides that, the Google street view of the shop has an old GTO out in the lot, so other people must trust em pretty good, too. They do plenty of work with both AAA and Geico, and say they don't have any trouble with em, so that's a plus as well. Hopefully I'll be back on the road in short order.

Last edited by Kotobuki; 08-13-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

wow man that sucks... glad to see you made it through it ok..
Old 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear man, and glad you're ok. Wrecks are never any fun.

While you're at it though.. time to upgrade the front end. Hopefully they can give you a new hood (so you can pick out something HOT). Otherwise it doesn't look too terrible. I've done much worse

Quick Reply: Hooray for wrecks!