Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Advise for GT500 mod after wreck

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on getting the parts ordered. I bet you are excited to get them delivered and get the mustang back to running.

Just FYI, Mellow's car went through many changes before the one you see in his current signature.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Craig H

Originally Posted by geocomp
Just FYI, Mellow's car went through many changes before the one you see in his current signature.
That would make sense. I am excited about the parts and getting the car running again, although I would still rather the accident not happened.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:08 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Sent a PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

The yellow car is my car. That was my first hood without the pins. AAnd my old Foose rims. Those pics were on my conversion thread. Im not sure who the seller is but I believe you will be ok.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

do not put super snake badges on, that is super gay, i'm sorry, but a mostly stock gt is not worthy of that status...sorry about your car
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 PM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Craig H
That would make sense. I am excited about the parts and getting the car running again, although I would still rather the accident not happened.
I absolutely agree, but at least your are getting to do some fun modding to your car because of it and have very little out of pocket expense.

I look forward to a review on the kit, especially the hood, because I would like that hood as well to complete my conversion.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Menes's GT
1st Gear Member

trufiber has amazing quality hoods, look at the venom hood
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Craig H

Originally Posted by geocomp
I look forward to a review on the kit, especially the hood, because I would like that hood as well to complete my conversion.
I definitely will. I was planning (time allowing) to photo the progress as much as possible, and get the body shops opinion about the parts when they arrive to share here.

Originally Posted by Menes's GT
trufiber has amazing quality hoods, look at the venom hood
I hope so, I got the venom II (non-recessed) hood. I've heard and read they tend to have problems with fluttering a bit at freeway speeds. I guess i will find out.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Craig H

The hood finally came in earlier this week. I was out of town so just got by to see it today. The rest of the parts showed up last week, but because of the damage the hood was needed first to get it lined up. Up next, taking it back apart, some welding, painting and then back together.

My friend said the hood was really good...for fiberglass (he wasn't a real big fan of the fiberglass hood decision). He pointed out how it was slightly wavy and how you could see it in the light. I couldn't, but him being in the business i'm sure his eye for it was much better than mine. I was told this was typical for fiberglass and although i couldn't really see it, he told me to run my hand down it and I could definitely feel it. I think it looks good, except for the driver side front was a bit misshaped (forgot to get a pic, I got there close to closing time). I'm assuming that it's fixable since his comment about it was this is the stuff the drive a body man mad . Anyhow, here are a few pics.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Andy_H
1st Gear Member

I like the new hood a lot!

Quick Reply: Advise for GT500 mod after wreck