Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Remove dealer signage

Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
When I bought my car, I literally got it off the lot before the dealership had any time to put that S*** on my car. As a matter of fact, they forgot to put on my 2 year state car inspection sticker (my state laws require a state inspection).

I called them and told them they forgot to do the dealership 2year state inspection, and I took it back for them to do that. A couple of hours later, the asshats put on their stupid logo!!!!!
Fortunately, it was still so fresh that the sticker adhesive did not have time to dry so I carefully picked it off with my fingernails and used bug and tar remover to get the still wet adhesive off.

I hate those dealer emblems and stickers. I paid $30K for my car, I will NOT ADVERTISE for the dealer because they sure as hell are NOT paying me to advertise for them. Racers are paid big sponsor bucks to put on emblems for their sponsors, and since the dealer is not sponsoring S*** for me, I refuse to have their stupid emblem on my car when I PAID THEM to buy the car!

If they gave me a serious discount for my car, then, and only them, would I consider keeping their emblem on the car.

Sorry, I rant.
Oh wow, they basically took a brand new car and added their logo to it? Wow, I would have punched the guy who handed me the keys back square in the face. But anyway, I called the dealership again today and they finally agreed to remove the crap, AND take liability for any paint damage so I am a bit more pleased. But I am still angry that I had to waste my time over such a trivial matter in the first place! Its their JOB to keep a customer happy, correct me if im wrong LOL...
Old 11-22-2010, 10:01 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

soak it with WD40, let it sit overnight and peel that sucker right off.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:10 AM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
I would try to use WD40 to loosen up the glue and peel it off before I use wire against my car's paint.
you don't need wire.. fishing line, braided fishing line works better
Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Larry Warcup
3rd Gear Member

I agree with you guys...as soon as I mentioned that I'd buy my new car from them,
in the same breath, I said "NO DEALERSHIP STICKERS!"

Little did I know that within the next few years, BROWN BROS. FORD
would be sponsoring my car at the track.

The decals that are on my perfect BLACK paint are all easily removed
...they come off with just a slight 'tug' on the end. Pretty nicely done...

I also have a 'window banner' on the front:

The banner usually comes off when the race season is over It does look a little cool, though.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Warcup; 11-22-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jobeonnet
you don't need wire.. fishing line, braided fishing line works better
Come on now. You know what I meant. If you WD40 it and let it sit for a few minutes, it will loosen up the glue and you can try to pull it off carefully. I try to let nothing but microfiber touch my car, so for me, fishing line/wire/whatever = no.

@ OP
Make sure to wash off that area after you WD40 it. Don't wanna let it sit on your paint too long. Probably won't do anything, but just to be safe.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mayberry40
When I went to pick up my 08 GT/CS at the stealership I refused to take possession of it until they removed all dealership logos.
I did too, and the salesman ripped if off right there. But when I went back two days later to pick up the car they'd put another one on. Tisk.... so he took that one off, took it in back and buffed off the stickum

Imagine..sticking advertising on the *** of a Mustang.....
Old 11-22-2010, 06:50 PM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Come on now. You know what I meant. If you WD40 it and let it sit for a few minutes, it will loosen up the glue and you can try to pull it off carefully. I try to let nothing but microfiber touch my car, so for me, fishing line/wire/whatever = no.

@ OP
Make sure to wash off that area after you WD40 it. Don't wanna let it sit on your paint too long. Probably won't do anything, but just to be safe.
just making sure, i didn't want to see anyone use wire. lol
Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

The only kind of dealer advertising I accept when I take delivery of a car are license plate frames. I take them off when I receive my license plates from DMV, and either install decent frames or install the plate without a frame. They might look nice at a show in the future, or make the car a touch more desirable if I sold the car to a collector. The dealership that sold me my Mustang went out of business, as have most of the dealerships from whom I have bought cars.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all the great answers! I will definitely try the WD40, and then try to peel it off by hand when I get a chance this weekend cause the dealership is being annoying again! Unbelievable, but just goes to show, "If you want something done right, in a timely fashion (i might add) you gotta do it yourself". They just wasted my time..Immensely.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Thanks for all the great answers! I will definitely try the WD40, and then try to peel it off by hand when I get a chance this weekend cause the dealership is being annoying again! Unbelievable, but just goes to show, "If you want something done right, in a timely fashion (i might add) you gotta do it yourself". They just wasted my time..Immensely.
And so it goes. Good luck with the stickers!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remove dealer signage