Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Exterior LEDs

Old 12-24-2010, 11:35 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

That is ****ing badass. Seriously. Where did you buy the LED's at?
Old 12-24-2010, 12:22 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WildAzCat
Nice work on the install. From the pic you can't even tell they are there. Are they designed for that application or did you make those custom?
Thank you! These LED's are designed for anything that uses 12V. So I spliced these into my secondary turn signal markers and it lights on when I turn on the markers. I'll be here if you have some questions installing them - it's pretty easy and about 20 minutes installation.

Originally Posted by Formula
That picture made me just buy marker light tint. Very nicely done car!
Thanks! You won't regret it, I love the way it looks. Matter of fact, if you want to put a darker shade to your headlights - I like Xpel's product and they help you protect your headlights from getting damaged by 1" stones when going at 100mph at the same time (thats why it's a little pricey). You can buy the Xpel's product cheaper for the same kit on eBay - which is what I did.

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
That is ****ing badass. Seriously. Where did you buy the LED's at?
From here.

The thing about these LED's is that you can't use scotch-lock because the wires are so damn small - they can't pick it up. So you would have to splice these in, which is pretty easy to do. Also, they don't come with 3M tape on the back so if you want to attach it - you would need get some of it. I put my lights between the bumper and the headlights and they fit in there pretty tight so I don't need it. If you need help installing them, I'm here buddy.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:31 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

These are starting to grow on me, what hood do you have too?
Old 12-24-2010, 12:43 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
These are starting to grow on me, what hood do you have too?
It's a Cervini - I believe it's a '67 Hood. It was already on the car when I bought it. I can shoot more pics of the hood if you want me to.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:45 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

Nice clean mod, it's something you don't see regularly on MF.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TexasTanker19kilo20
Nice clean mod, it's something you don't see regularly on MF.
Thanks! Definitely different than what you see on most cars here. BTW, your '90 5.0 looks sick in your sig.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Formula
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtnblk.GT
Thanks! You won't regret it, I love the way it looks. Matter of fact, if you want to put a darker shade to your headlights - I like Xpel's product and they help you protect your headlights from getting damaged by 1" stones when going at 100mph at the same time (thats why it's a little pricey). You can buy the Xpel's product cheaper for the same kit on eBay - which is what I did.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:34 PM
WaldoGT07
2nd Gear Member

You can actually buy the LEDs from a Auto Parts store....That is where I bought mine ( at AutoZone) they are called the Phantom LED Lights and get 2 18'' strands...and then do the splicing and stuff.....but I put mine to a toggle switch that way I can turn them on and off when needed too and I also have all of my interior lights connected to the same toggle switch....

Here is a few pics of my car with the LED lights on and off.....BTW where it looks like one of the lights are out on the right headlight....after I took the pictures and had gotten home I noticed that there was a bug right on top of that little light...lol...so it is not blown just a bug taking a nap is all.....

Old 12-27-2010, 01:46 AM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WaldoGT07
You can actually buy the LEDs from a Auto Parts store....That is where I bought mine ( at AutoZone) they are called the Phantom LED Lights and get 2 18'' strands...and then do the splicing and stuff.....but I put mine to a toggle switch that way I can turn them on and off when needed too and I also have all of my interior lights connected to the same toggle switch....

Here is a few pics of my car with the LED lights on and off.....BTW where it looks like one of the lights are out on the right headlight....after I took the pictures and had gotten home I noticed that there was a bug right on top of that little light...lol...so it is not blown just a bug taking a nap is all.....

Looks great! I could do the toggle switch if I wanted to but decided to splice it to my secondary turn signal lights. Keep up the work on your car buddy.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WaldoGT07

Looks cool! Not your average mustang mod, but what happens when one of those LED's burns out? Or do they have a long life or something? Just curious cause I might do it, but dont want to be stuck with a strip of half working LEDs in dead winter haha(too cold to fix anything).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exterior LEDs