Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New wheels are on.... PICs

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 AM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Looks great, its nice to see us "Gray" Mustang owners thinking outside of the box

I really liked the Vossens.... But just too much cash
Old 03-05-2011, 11:54 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

I think the wheels look great and makes an already great looking car better!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:08 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by elmo3000
As for rice...... Oh that comment is so played out..... YAWN!!! I really don't see anything on the car that is that "rice". It is an American car, that looks very similar to the classic Eleanor.... With some modern day wheels. This is a modern day classic, not a 1960s classic.

I know it is my car and I do with it how I wish, yadda yadda yadda, the same as everyone else on this forum, if people were not individual then this world would be very "Gray" lol

I think it looks BADASS! LMAO
You've obviously taken some offense to my comment due to your response, none was meant.

I just don't like the looks of your car because I think there is way too much 'stick on' stuff on the car. In general, I don't like the Elanor kit. That to me, is not a modern day classic as there isn't any skill work involved. Just paint and two sided tape, which is a very similar theme in any import meet you go to. Thus my comment.

If it was a simple removal that didn't involve patching holes and repainting, I'd have taken off the false brake ducts and hood scoop on my car... I just happen to like the clean and simple look, which your car doesn't have.

But you're right, if people weren't individual then the car world would be very boring! Our tastes just happen to be very different, no harm in that. When posting a picture on the forum of your car, you should expect opinions from both sides of the fence and not have to try to defend your opinion... not everyone is trying to be an ***. :-)
Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

I'm not offended and of course no harm done, I understand that if I am to post photos, that people are going to give their views..... But hearing and seeing the constant up chuck of "rice" on anything that doesn't look like your cloned mould of American muscle, gets a little long in the tooth.

It's not just this post, but many like this when people post on this forum and people are almost on the edge of their seats to find something they can try and brand as "rice".

Anyway..... Your car is ugly! Only kiddin', love that color.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

I'm not offended and of course no harm done, I understand that if I am to post photos, that people are going to give their views..... But hearing and seeing the constant up chuck of "rice" on anything that doesn't look like your cloned mould of American muscle, gets a little long in the tooth.

It's not just this post, but many like this when people post on this forum and people are almost on the edge of their seats to find something they can try and brand as "rice".

Anyway..... Your car is ugly! Only kiddin', love that color.
Isn't your stance just further proof that your car deviates away from muscle? If it's not traditional muscle, what category does it fall into? From my perspective, the only other category of comparison is 'ricer' due to the cosmetic treatment of your car (plastic stick on stuff).

But at least I was able to provide a rational explanation as to why I threw out the comparison as opposed to just randomly making 'ricer' comments... :-)

Anyways, I respect the work done to the car and appreciate the performance aspect of your car and wish you all the best with your future modding!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

I think it looks beast man!
I <3 the Eleanor kit, freakin hotttt
Old 03-06-2011, 01:50 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Elmo, your car looks like its on steroids!!! Awesome......love it!! One of a kind dude.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:38 AM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197steve
Isn't your stance just further proof that your car deviates away from muscle? If it's not traditional muscle, what category does it fall into? From my perspective, the only other category of comparison is 'ricer' due to the cosmetic treatment of your car (plastic stick on stuff).

But at least I was able to provide a rational explanation as to why I threw out the comparison as opposed to just randomly making 'ricer' comments... :-)

Anyways, I respect the work done to the car and appreciate the performance aspect of your car and wish you all the best with your future modding!
Hey Steve, I'm not looking to get into a he said she said situation..... But no my comment doesn't put me in any stance that deviates away from muscle. I just explained that my car was not your typical clone...... Predictable wheels, predictable upgrades, predictable cosmetics! Just because I chose a different look, different wheels...... My car is still American muscle.

I'm not saying any more on the matter, apart from your argument of

Stick on stuff = ricer is a pretty sad assumption.

PS go to a site called AMERICAN MUSCLE they sell all the "rice" stuff there!

Last edited by elmo3000; 03-06-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:22 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Hey Steve, I'm not looking to get into a he said she said situation..... But no my comment doesn't put me in any stance that deviates away from muscle. I just explained that my car was not your typical clone...... Predictable wheels, predictable upgrades, predictable cosmetics! Just because I chose a different look, different wheels...... My car is still American muscle.

I'm not saying any more on the matter, apart from your argument of

Stick on stuff = ricer is a pretty sad assumption.

PS go to a site called AMERICAN MUSCLE they sell all the "rice" stuff there!
I know, which is why I don't have any of that on my car that didn't come from factory... :-)

I'm not trying to start anything myself, just stated my opinion and justified it. Next time I post pictures of my car, feel free to post up and tell me that it's boring, stereotypical american muscle. I can take it.

BTW, not sure when American muscle started including "Euro tail lights" and "Angel eye headlights". Perhaps it's considered American muscle with the under 30 crowds.

Happy motoring!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:50 AM
KingB21
2nd Gear Member

Lost the Eleanor look just a little... but those are sweet rims, I've only seen them on one other stang before. If i can aford a change down the road, those are them.

Quick Reply: New wheels are on.... PICs