Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Would a Roush Body Kit be Poser-Ish?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

What's the opposite of a sleeper?
Old 03-09-2011, 04:52 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

nothign wrong with the full roush kit, adding badges and stripes for someting you dont have is pushing it. i think the roush kit is one of the best looking out there for the S197.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07gtdude
Definately DO NOT put the badges on.
Have you thought about just doing the front bumper and rear spoiler like the Roush 427R?
+1
Now that sounds like a plan right there!
I love the roush front bumper on any stang I have seen it on...f&ck the haters, do your thing!
Just no badges and you be good

Old 03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I'm not a fan of the Roush rear bumper. They force you to have their exhaust kit for 05-09. They got it right with '10+ since you can use an exhaust kit of your choice.

Badging and/or telling people it's a Roush car would be a poser. Otherwise many people combine different body parts to create their own style.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

BTW - I like the square tip exhausts - it looks almost - stealthy - and its almost the same shape as the air intakes on the F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:31 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Young Gun, listen to me as i have been in your shoes in the past....

if you want the roush body kit, thats not a problem at all...

here on the forums, you will always have those guys that dont agree with what you want to do and this and that....youll be about 50/50 on here as what to do if u ask forum boards....

by now, im sure u pretty much have your mind made on on if u want to pursue the roush look or not....

if you still want to make it happen, there is no problem with pulling it off, but you have to do it right....

it looks like u are planning on going with the entire body kit and that is good..if ur gonna do it, then do it right!

i would recommend the roush rear because thats part of the roush look...only limited roush cars keep the stock rear bumper and side skirts (427-9, p51)...you will need to buy the rectangular exhaust tips and mod/weld your exhaust to terminate where it needs to and fit the bumper....dont worry about the "roush" molded letters in the bumper...

take it little by little...

as far as the badges go, if u had a v8, you could eventually add the fender and rear badges after your entire stage-1 kit is complete but since ur a six, id leave em off, but i probably wouldnt leave the tripony emblem on there and i would also change out the tripony decklid badge to something else...

dont worry about ppl saying poser this and poser that for putting on the roush body kit...if that was the case, then 90% of the mthafkers on here are posers with all the mismatched gt500 + saleen + roush and other parts all on the same car....dont worry about that because once ur mod is ocmplete, the compliments u receive will overwhelm the negatives....

why should you believe me??? i was there my friend....check the trilogy:

plain jane besides the roush scoop and louvers i added...

then roush spoke to me lol

GL and post up if u have any questions!

oh ya, i won many trophies from car shows with my fake roush as well!

Last edited by 0NF1R; 03-10-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Im thinking the Roush body kit with a Cervinis non functional ram air hood
Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

At my given time, I would of put on the Roush rear if it didn't cost a fortune for the rear bumper cover AND the exhaust kit. I thought about the stage 1 myself.. but now there is no big reason to swap out the rear without it just being a pure body mod.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:16 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

I'd Go for it man...just don't put any Roush emblems on it and all will be cool with most here. As if anyone has a say in what you should like or want to do !! Personally, I went with a little bark on my GT (kept GT emblems on) with the Roush rear spoiler, hood scoop, side quarter window covers and front facia with spoiler. Looks sick to me !! And yep, I do have some bite to go with it for those that feel its necessary. Personally, I don`t. So have fun !!!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:09 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Alec
Ehh it's a touchy subject. I'm personally not a fan of the 'all bark, no bite' cars
Like the stage 1 has a lot of bite over stock, lol.
People paid $10K for the look only on a Roush stage one. I don't even feel sorry for them

Oh, and the $65K or about, for the stage 3 ?!?! You have to have more respect for your butthole. lol.
Smart folks like ONF1R did it themselves for a fraction of that price and he could have slapped a blower on that car and keep everything below $35K.

Quick Reply: Would a Roush Body Kit be Poser-Ish?