Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Roush leather seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

All my interior is dove grey.......its hidious!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 AM
night7519
1st Gear Member

I bought the Dark Charcoal and with Dove grey inserts for the entire car. I had dark charcoal cloth with the running pony design in the inserts. I paid about $400 for the set plus another $100 for the OCS service pack. I contacted Roush through Ebay as the seats I bought also said "for cars with Factory Leather ONLY" to make sure they would fit. The seat I bought were also for side airbag equipped cars, which I don't have. After some discussion back and forth through email, I was essentially told that the airbags didn't matter since the seat frames were identical. As for the "Leather Seats ONLY", they said the only real issue is with the OCS for the passenger seat. That's the only difference. I was also told that even without hte OCS, the passenger airbag should still function properly with an adult in the passenger seat. The only concern would be with a small (light weight) child in that seat. Since I have a small child (and another on the way), I opted to go ahead and install the OCS service pack. However, from what I understand, if you don't plan to have any small children in that seat you should be fine without it. Don't quote me on that though...don't want anyone getting injured. Which was another factor for my decision to upgrade the OCS.

Jim

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I was just looking at some. Did you buy the dove grey ones for the entire car or just the fronts? How much total cost? I saw some RTC Roush ones for $250 (starting bid) but it says for leather seats only. I have cloth and want to upgrade to leather.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:00 AM
night7519
1st Gear Member

I'd be willing to sell you mine. They are in great shape. the driver's seat does have a little wear on the left side bolster from getting in and out of the car. If your interested I can get some pics tonight so you can see what I'm talking about.

Jim

Originally Posted by Peshields
any of you wanna let go of your cloth seat covers? my end goal is to swap out my entire tan interior to a darker one and I think I will have to accumulate pieces along the way... lol
Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Jmm96

Originally Posted by night7519
As for the "Leather Seats ONLY", they said the only real issue is with the OCS for the passenger seat. That's the only difference. I was also told that even without hte OCS, the passenger airbag should still function properly with an adult in the passenger seat.
I called Roush and asked about the "leather only" description since I wanted to upgrade my cloth. They told me the covers would work great for the upgrade, but the OCS issue was there. The OCS doesn't necessarily need to be changed, but it will be slightly off due to the heavier leather being put over the sensor. I just wanted to confirm that the sensor does not get completely destroyed when the cover is removed, which it doesn't.

Just got my covers yesterday and I'm so glad I bought these instead of a factory cover kit. The leather is so much better quality from Roush.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Jim and Jmm96 thank you for your explanations, now I understand.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Phatkat66

Angry

I am in desperate need of help. I have the same set, dark charcoal with dove gray insert, and I have the side airbags in my seat but the foam doesn't come with an insert for it even though the seat covers are side airbags Did you have to cut up the foam seats? I made incision for the airbags to fit through but it doesnt seem enough and I don't know where else to start cutting. I would love some detailed help! Damn backrests are a PITA i want these finished so i can bolt back up my seats. Right now im driving around with no passenger and an unbolted drivers side lol feels like im ready to fly backwards everytime i pull off.

The foam just doesnt sit flush with the frame. The frame sticks out and im not sure where else to start trimming off foam. Any help is appreciated, im in the middle of this as i type and i wanna finish! =(
Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Stetler17

Mine should be delivered tomorrow, so I'm not much help today...

Did you check the instructions on their website, or the Katzkin video on Youtube?

I don't remember if they went in to detail on the airbag, but it may be worth checking.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Phatkat66

yeah i've checked motorz video 100x lol but they didn't have to change the OE back rest cushion. And in the "instructions" with roush site they put it together from the factory it seams and their back looks different a bit. More hollow then what we receive. Also theirs aren't side airbag.

I know a ton of people on here have installed these though. I just need a bit of guidance so I can continue.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:33 AM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phatkat66
I am in desperate need of help. I have the same set, dark charcoal with dove gray insert, and I have the side airbags in my seat but the foam doesn't come with an insert for it even though the seat covers are side airbags Did you have to cut up the foam seats? I made incision for the airbags to fit through but it doesnt seem enough and I don't know where else to start cutting. I would love some detailed help! Damn backrests are a PITA i want these finished so i can bolt back up my seats. Right now im driving around with no passenger and an unbolted drivers side lol feels like im ready to fly backwards everytime i pull off.

The foam just doesnt sit flush with the frame. The frame sticks out and im not sure where else to start trimming off foam. Any help is appreciated, im in the middle of this as i type and i wanna finish! =(

I have run into the same EXACT problem!!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

I put these covers on over the winter. The back seats are easy. The seat cushion on the front is relatively easy. By all means, use cable ties instead of hog rings. Make sure the seat covers are warm and pliable. The front seat backs are the hardest. There are three separate J hooks on the bottom, this is to provide a space for the cable that works the seat back release to go in between (you know what I mean when you try to put the cover on at the bottom of the seat back), you need to attach all three J hooks together under the front seat.