Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Ford-a-tude gauges installed

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #21
HT
5th Gear Member
 
HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Location: NC
Posts: 2,185
Default

I want a 10-11 wheel...I'm tired of staring at my bubbly Mustang logo in the middle of my 07 steering wheel.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________




2007 Redfire Manual GT/CS
20" CS40 Blacks (20 x 9 Fronts & 20 x 10 Backs)
Toyo Proxes 4s (255/35/20 Fronts & 295/30/20 Backs)
Pypes Mid-Muffler Exhaust System
Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia
Pioneer Z-120BT w/ Magden Performance Computer
HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 AM   #22
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member
 
Ford-a-tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Location: IL
Posts: 305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknowme3331 View Post
Wasnt there supposed to be an installation portion? also is there any ETA on these now that we see one in use?
Paul, thanks for the write up. Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Your not obligated to document the installation, so if/when you get to it is fine with me. If anyone is interested, I have the installation steps written out (no pics yet) on my site. Not as fun as a pictorial, but with the car in storage right now it's a little inconvenient.

https://sites.google.com/site/fordatude/installation
__________________
Fordatude Custom Design Gauges
https://sites.google.com/site/fordatude/

Ford-a-tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #23
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member
 
Torch_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,206
TorchVert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford-a-tude View Post
Paul, thanks for the write up. Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Your not obligated to document the installation, so if/when you get to it is fine with me. If anyone is interested, I have the installation steps written out (no pics yet) on my site. Not as fun as a pictorial, but with the car in storage right now it's a little inconvenient.

https://sites.google.com/site/fordatude/installation
I'll try to get some install pics up tonight. I think they help with understanding how the cluster goes together, where the white backing is applied, etc
__________________

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011



Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member
 
Torch_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,206
TorchVert
Default

Install overview added to third post in thread: http://mustangforums.com/forum/7470559-post3.html
__________________

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011



Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #25
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member
 
Ford-a-tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Location: IL
Posts: 305
Default

Again, nice write up on the install. Now for all you other guys who have been patiently waiting for something...

I have a small amount of gauges done, about 10 each of the V8 and V6 style like Paul has installed. Not sure how many I needed, but if these all go I can always run up some more. So hit up my webpage or send me a PM and we can make arrangements to get these out to you. Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback along the way.

https://sites.google.com/site/fordatude/
__________________
Fordatude Custom Design Gauges
https://sites.google.com/site/fordatude/

Ford-a-tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #26
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator
 
pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 06
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 13,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford-a-tude View Post
Again, nice write up on the install. Now for all you other guys who have been patiently waiting for something...

I have a small amount of gauges done, about 10 each of the V8 and V6 style like Paul has installed. Not sure how many I needed, but if these all go I can always run up some more. So hit up my webpage or send me a PM and we can make arrangements to get these out to you. Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback along the way.

https://sites.google.com/site/fordatude/
Glad you came though with this project.
Lots of folks were looking forward to it.
Job well done.
__________________
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #27
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT
Location: Henry County, Georgia
Posts: 1,613
Default

Very cool! If i didnt have so much going on with other projects Id consider ordering some now.

How about some more info on that GT500 Wheel! Looks sharp and id really like it if i manage to get the Black leather and suede seats with red stitching im looking at.

Also is it possible to get a different color on the message box? The teal is killin it for me. If red was possible that would be awesome
__________________

07 Redfire GT Manual
Boom Tubes, BBK Chrome Shorties, Steeda CAI, J&M LCAs, SHR Honeycomb Blackout Panel, Wheelskins Louvers, GT/CS Rear Bumper, ROUSH spoiler, ROUSH Leather/Suede seats

Last edited by Shadow7874; 03-27-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Shadow7874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #28
HT
5th Gear Member
 
HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Location: NC
Posts: 2,185
Default

You're going to need a lot more than that haha. I can't get one now, but I will in the near future. Please stick around and keep up the good work.
__________________




2007 Redfire Manual GT/CS
20" CS40 Blacks (20 x 9 Fronts & 20 x 10 Backs)
Toyo Proxes 4s (255/35/20 Fronts & 295/30/20 Backs)
Pypes Mid-Muffler Exhaust System
Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia
Pioneer Z-120BT w/ Magden Performance Computer
HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #29
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member
 
Torch_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,206
TorchVert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7874 View Post
How about some more info on that GT500 Wheel! Looks sharp and id really like it if i manage to get the Black leather and suede seats with red stitching im looking at.
There's some details on the wheel here: http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...estitched.html
__________________

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011



Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #30
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang V6
Location: NY
Posts: 364
Default

Any chance you'll be making gauges for those without mycolor?
kgrun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #31
Hamhole
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 131
Default

Unique and cool-looking. Very nice.

The grammar **** in me wants to point out that "it's" means "it is" and is not the possessive form of "it," which is actually "its." So whenever you say things like "Put the steering wheel in it's lowest position," you are actually saying "Put the steering wheel in IT IS lowest position." You might want to touch up your directions a bit.

Don't mind me, my boss for the past 15 years used to be an English teacher, so you can only imagine the typos I've learned to spot within milliseconds of scanning a page or screen to avoid her red pen...

Great gauges man.
__________________
Candy Red 2010 Mustang GT / Edelbrock E-force Supercharger & Tower Strut Brace / Eibach Pro Street-S Coilovers / Hotchkis Front & Rear Sway Bars & Adj. Panhard Bar / Magnaflow Magnapack Cat-back Exhaust / BBK Catted X-pipe / Auto Meter Nexus Gauges / Speed of Sound Triple A-pillar Gauge Pod / Grabber Pony Shift **** / Shelby Kicker Audio Upgrade / Competition Engineering Adj. LCA / Lakewood LCA Relocation Bkts. / Steeda Bumpsteer Kit / Ford Racing Boss 302S Wheels / Baer Pro Plus 14 6P Brakes

Last edited by Hamhole; 03-28-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Hamhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #32
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator
 
pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 06
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 13,228
Default

We're gear head junkies on these boards...
We don't speak/write/type in Engles mmmmkay?
And tell your boss that I can think of a perfect place where she can stick that red pen at!
__________________
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #33
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member
 
Torch_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,206
TorchVert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamhole View Post
Unique and cool-looking. Very nice.

The grammar **** in me wants to point out that "it's" means "it is" and is not the possessive form of "it," which is actually "its." So whenever you say things like "Put the steering wheel in it's lowest position," you are actually saying "Put the steering wheel in IT IS lowest position." You might want to touch up your directions a bit.

Don't mind me, my boss for the past 15 years used to be an English teacher, so you can only imagine the typos I've learned to spot within milliseconds of scanning a page or screen to avoid her red pen...

Great gauges man.
Considering I was typing that at night, with a case of the flu, if that is the most egregious spelling or grammatical error, I consider it a minor miracle.

If you're going to correct every error in every post on this board, you're going to be extremely busy.

I fixed it for you
__________________

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011



Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 03-28-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #34
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator
 
pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 06
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 13,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch_Vert View Post
Considering I was typing that at night, with a case of the flu, if that is the most egregious spelling or grammatical error, I consider it a minor miracle.

If you're going to correct every error in every post on this board, you're going to be extremely busy.

I fixed it for you
That's more like it Paul!
Started to worry about you...
__________________
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #35
908ssp
3rd Gear Member
 
908ssp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Vehicle: 2010, Ford, Mustang
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
Default

I applaud the workmanship the ingenuity. The design is gross. There is a reason that lights in airplanes are red and that gauges forever have been white numerals on black back grounds. The less light shinning in your eyes the less you pupils contact the better you can see at night. That gauge cluster is a safety hazard.
908ssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #36
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member
 
Torch_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,206
TorchVert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
I applaud the workmanship the ingenuity. The design is gross. There is a reason that lights in airplanes are red and that gauges forever have been white numerals on black back grounds. The less light shinning in your eyes the less you pupils contact the better you can see at night. That gauge cluster is a safety hazard.
Actually, no, it isn't. I've driven with it at night, and it's fine.

It also has LESS lit up area than the factory 2010+ cluster, so clearly Ford is producing "safety hazards" too:

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011



Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #37
908ssp
3rd Gear Member
 
908ssp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Vehicle: 2010, Ford, Mustang
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
Default

Yes they do because that is what people want.
908ssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #38
HT
5th Gear Member
 
HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Location: NC
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
Yes they do because that is what people want.
As well as the fact that it's just not even close to as dangerous as you make it out to be.
__________________




2007 Redfire Manual GT/CS
20" CS40 Blacks (20 x 9 Fronts & 20 x 10 Backs)
Toyo Proxes 4s (255/35/20 Fronts & 295/30/20 Backs)
Pypes Mid-Muffler Exhaust System
Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia
Pioneer Z-120BT w/ Magden Performance Computer
HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #39
Tylus
5th Gear Member
 
Tylus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2009 Bullitt #6451
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,211
Default

cool to see these have moved forward. going to check out your site and see what V-8 gages you ahve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch_Vert View Post
Actually, no, it isn't. I've driven with it at night, and it's fine.

It also has LESS lit up area than the factory 2010+ cluster, so clearly Ford is producing "safety hazards" too:

Click the image to open in full size.
drove one of those 2011 V-6 rentals for 3 days earlier this month. was hardly a safety hazard. the MyColor is pretty cool. The light output can be annoying, but the light output isn't dangerous
__________________

2006 F-250 Lariat CrewCab 6.0 PSD | 2008 Expedition EL Limited
7" Donahoe Racing Lift w/ 35" BFG's | Bone Stock
Tylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 AM   #40
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member
 
Torch_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,206
TorchVert
Default

And MyColor can be adjusted for color (such as red) and there's also a dimmer in the car.
If you're driving through the mountains at night, and you need every bit of night vision possible, it's a 2 second task to shift the cluster color to red and crank the intensity down. I did this on occasion even with the stock gauge face.
__________________

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011



Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
01, 05, 2005, 500, black, brighter, chrome, cs, dash, fordatude, fr, gauges, gaugess, gt, make, match, mustang, rims, v6, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup