Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Ford-a-tude gauges installed

Old 03-30-2011, 07:07 AM   #41
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
That gauge cluster is a safety hazard.

No, YOU'RE a safety hazard.
Get your eyes checked!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #42
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang 4.0L v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
I applaud the workmanship the ingenuity. The design is gross. There is a reason that lights in airplanes are red and that gauges forever have been white numerals on black back grounds. The less light shinning in your eyes the less you pupils contact the better you can see at night. That gauge cluster is a safety hazard.
Do you spend your days staring into the sun?

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
X3xMONGOOSEx3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #43
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Dangerous or not, they look awesome.

And
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X View Post
Do you spend your days staring into the sun?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #44
tuby1991

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang GT

Torch Vent said thats for the v6. Does Ford-a-tude plan on making any for the v8s.
tuby1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #45
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuby1991 View Post
Torch Vent said thats for the v6. Does Ford-a-tude plan on making any for the v8s.
I THINK he already has them done. I thought that was his first project which resulted in a bunch of V6 guys wanting one
Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #46
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuby1991 View Post
Already done sir. Check the link in my sig for info.
Thanks

Ford-a-tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #47
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrun4 View Post
Any chance you'll be making gauges for those without mycolor?
At this point in time, no. Sorry, but I don't think there is enough interest.
You could always do an upgrade to a MyColor cluster tho.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #48
highline
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 14 Tremor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford-a-tude View Post
You could always do an upgrade to a MyColor cluster tho.
Wouldn't even kow where to begin, or want to...This is a good point for everyone, like myself, who has been waiting with baited breath for these gauges to realize that they are not available unless you have my color...I actually thought I did until re-reading several posts...My footwells light up like 10 different colors, but nothing else...BTW, excellent guuges, thanks for all the hard work and for being honest in your updates...

oh...forgot "safety hazzard", lol

Last edited by highline; 03-31-2011 at 08:57 AM.
highline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #49
HT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by highline View Post
Wouldn't even kow where to begin, or want to...This is a good point for everyone, like myself, who has been waiting with baited breath for these gauges to realize that they are not available unless you have my color...I actually thought I did until re-reading several posts...My footwells light up like 10 different colors, but nothing else...BTW, excellent guuges, thanks for all the hard work and for being honest in your updates...

oh...forgot "safety hazzard", lol
I thought all GT/CSs came with MyColor? I could be wrong...just thought it was something that had to be included in the GT/CS package. The footwell thing is ambient lighting, but idk.

2007 Redfire Manual GT/CS
20" CS40 Blacks (20 x 9 Fronts & 20 x 10 Backs)
Toyo Proxes 4s (255/35/20 Fronts & 295/30/20 Backs)
Pypes Mid-Muffler Exhaust System
Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia
Pioneer Z-120BT w/ Magden Performance Computer
HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #50
highline
4th Gear Member

lol???Unless I haveit but don't know it, but I've been all over this car, and I don't think I have it...My GT/CS is an 09?!?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #51
HT
5th Gear Member

I could definitely be wrong. That was just the first thing that came to my mind when I read your post. I've never heard of a GT/CS with ambient lighting but not MyColor, but there is a first time for everything.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #52
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

Quote:
lol???Unless I haveit but don't know it, but I've been all over this car, and I don't think I have it...My GT/CS is an 09?!?

Do you have the information center where the odometer is located? If so, then you probably have "my color" as well. The button in the center stack, left upper, that says "info" is what you use to set the my color. I don't have my car with me and it's been awhile since I last changed mine, but I think you hold that button in and it will then give you the options in the information center.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #53
highline
4th Gear Member

Click the image to open in full size.

You mean where it's asking a color choice above? Yea, I have the two lines of text...If I go home and hit the info button and I have this I'll sh*t...I'll let y'all know tomorrow...

Rethinking this I have cycled (I think) through the info information, like mpg, ave speed, gals used, ect, but have never held it in? I'll let y'all know tomorrow, lol...could be a great nite!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #54
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

If the physical layout of the cluster is speedo & Tach with 4 gauges in the center, then what I have created will work. There is the other cluster style, which I am "Guessing" is the non-MyColor that has only 2 gauges in the center and the info center screen directly below them. There has turned out to be a few more cluster styles than I had originally been aware of when I started this whole thing.
Sorry for the confusion.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #55
HT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford-a-tude View Post
If the physical layout of the cluster is speedo & Tach with 4 gauges in the center, then what I have created will work. There is the other cluster style, which I am "Guessing" is the non-MyColor that has only 2 gauges in the center and the info center screen directly below them. There has turned out to be a few more cluster styles than I had originally been aware of when I started this whole thing.
Sorry for the confusion.
+1 on this. If you have the 4 smaller gauges in the center of the console, then his setup will work. I think you are right, Ford-a-tude, when you think that the clusters without MyColor only have 2 guages in the center. Both of my S197s have had MyColor, so I'm not absolutely positive what the other ones look like, but just from memory I think everything being said is correct.

But even if your gauges don't change color for some reason, you could still use Ford-a-tudes product as long as you have 4 gauges in the center.

EDIT: After some research, I don't think you have to have MyColor if you get a GT/CS, but everything you've said points to the conclusion that you do. In 2009, the Interior Upgrade Package became standard on Premium V6s and GTs. One aspect of this package is Ambient Lighting (which it appears you have). I would be thoroughly surprised if you don't have MyColor after looking it up. One other aspect of that package is the satin dash.

Last edited by HT; 03-31-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #56
highline
4th Gear Member

well, now that you both said that, I cannot recall where my textual information cluster is, or whether I have 2 or 4 middle gauges...Time to go home and find out...I'll post a pic tomorrow morning
Old 04-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #57
highline
4th Gear Member

Here's what I have...First pic shows cluster...Seems like my text infomational window is in the correct place to have my color...Second pic shows the "switch" to control the footwell lights and toggle footwell colors...Third pic shows that I have the info button, but I tried to push it, hold it, talk nice to it, and could not get a color option to come up...Just the regular info like ave miles per hour, gals to empty, total gals used, ya ta da...Any ideas? Good news is it look like I may be able to use the new gauges with my setup in the first pic...I dunno?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3430.jpg (17.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3431.jpg (14.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3432.jpg (16.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 04-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #58
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

It appears that you can use my gauges. I am unaware of yet another cluster design without mycolor. Worst case is they would be white during day and green at night.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #59
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

Quote:
Here's what I have...First pic shows cluster...Seems like my text infomational window is in the correct place to have my color...Second pic shows the "switch" to control the footwell lights and toggle footwell colors...Third pic shows that I have the info button, but I tried to push it, hold it, talk nice to it, and could not get a color option to come up...Just the regular info like ave miles per hour, gals to empty, total gals used, ya ta da...Any ideas? Good news is it look like I may be able to use the new gauges with my setup in the first pic...I dunno?
I had to look it up because I haven't done it in awhile. It is the "RESET" button you use not the INFO. And I didn't see anything in the manual about talking nice to it by the way LOL

From my owner manual:

Headlamps must be on to set up the nighttime display color.

1. Press SETUP to get to the DISPLAY COLOR set up menu.
2. Pressing RESET will scroll through the following selectable colors:
Green Blue
Purple White
Orange Red

MyColor Adjust (to define MyColor)

Adjusting MyColor: MyColor is a user defined backlighting color. The backlighting colors are achieved through the blending of light from Red, Green, and Blue LEDs. Apart from the 6 preset colors, drivers can create their own color by adjusting the levels of the three primary colors through the MyColor feature to achieve any of 125 different
combinations.

The vehicle must be stationary to enter the MyColor adjust mode. To enter the MyColor adjust mode, hold RESET for 3 seconds at the Adjust menu, or press SETUP to scroll though the display colors again. When in the MyColor adjust mode, pressing RESET will step through the Red, Green, Blue and Exit options. Pressing SETUP will increment the proportion of the color being adjusted. Try many combinations and record your favorites. To Save and Exit MyColor adjust hold RESET for 3 seconds when prompted. Pressing RESET for less than 3 seconds will cycle back through the color components.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #60
highline
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I had to look it up because I haven't done it in awhile. It is the "RESET" button you use not the INFO. And I didn't see anything in the manual about talking nice to it by the way LOL

From my owner manual:

Headlamps must be on to set up the nighttime display color.

1. Press SETUP to get to the DISPLAY COLOR set up menu.
2. Pressing RESET will scroll through the following selectable colors:
Green Blue
Purple White
Orange Red

MyColor Adjust (to define MyColor)

Adjusting MyColor: MyColor is a user defined backlighting color. The backlighting colors are achieved through the blending of light from Red, Green, and Blue LEDs. Apart from the 6 preset colors, drivers can create their own color by adjusting the levels of the three primary colors through the MyColor feature to achieve any of 125 different
combinations.

The vehicle must be stationary to enter the MyColor adjust mode. To enter the MyColor adjust mode, hold RESET for 3 seconds at the Adjust menu, or press SETUP to scroll though the display colors again. When in the MyColor adjust mode, pressing RESET will step through the Red, Green, Blue and Exit options. Pressing SETUP will increment the proportion of the color being adjusted. Try many combinations and record your favorites. To Save and Exit MyColor adjust hold RESET for 3 seconds when prompted. Pressing RESET for less than 3 seconds will cycle back through the color components.

Oh man...Want to bury self under rock (and manual)...As I flamed someone for not reading the manual this morning, even threw in the icon, I feel bad about this...I have yet to read the manual cover to cover, and never thought I had my color, so I didn't even try to read that section...Also, embarrassingly <sp!> enough, I have never had the lights on (except for my avatar pic, night I brought her home) as she is a nice Saturday only garage queen with 4200 miles...I can't wait (again) to try your recomendations (from the manual) JIMC...thanks a bunch, and I'll let y'all know this weekend how it went...To the OP's last post, yes, the worst case scenerio is I CAN use cette gauges, but they'll just be normal colors, best case is I have mycolor...Very not too shabby of scenerios...RTFM dummie!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
01, 05, 2005, 500, black, brighter, chrome, cs, dash, fordatude, fr, gauges, gaugess, gt, make, match, mustang, rims, v6, white