Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

GT side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default GT side skirts

hey everyone, I dont normally come into this section, but I am going to be buying my parents '05 GT in a couple months (mom wants a Coyote 5.0) the car has the cervinis eleanor body kit on it, which i plan on taking off... i plan on sourcing out a new front bumper and a different hood and the exhaust, but the only thing i am unsure of is the factory side skirts.. do they come off? or are they just under the cervinis kit?? i dont hate the kit, just the roads around me are not the greatest, so the damn thing scrapes everywhere... and i want to lower it a bit with a ford handling pack...

any help would be great
Old 04-09-2011, 06:18 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

The stock side skirts are not under the Cervini ones. You will need to locate a set to put back on it.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 AM
JimC

That is correct, you will have to find a set now.

And, if someone tries to sell you a set of the "Shelby GT500" side skirts for a premium you need to know that for the 2005-2009 model years the Shelby used the side skirts for the V6 (a flat black textured look) so they aren't anything special. I see a lot of people selling them for, and getting, a premium price just because they came off a Shelby.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

gotcha, thanks guys.

aside from the body kit and the side exhaust, the car is stock. i just need to get a nice catback since the rest of the exhaust was taken off, a front bumper (may run a GT500 nose or just a stocker with a classic concepts chin spoiler... then obviously the side skirts, which if they are the same as a v6/shelby then thats easy to find... tons of v6s around or just go through ford...
Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Gigger

Well if its already draging, why would you want to lower it?
Old 04-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

i want to lower it a little bit, the only thing that drags is the body kit. car went around on the same roads for over a year prior to the body kit and never scraped on anything ever... the cervinis kit is really low... and i really dont like the side pipes all too much. exhaust works its way up into the cabin in traffic/ lights when the windows are down... and i drive with windows down a lot of the time
Old 04-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Gigger

Ya the exhaust would be a problem & get the Cervini kit off to make it more drivable on the rough roads, got ya now..........
Old 04-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

yeah.

my ideal look for it is the stock nose, a cervinis chin spoiler, GT500 rims, a heat extractor hood and either stock GT or v6 style side skirts... which with the cervinis chin spolier (think its the "type 3") would look pretty banging. the car already has racing stripes. (its mineral gray btw)
Old 04-10-2011, 12:02 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Make sure that the Cervini stuff isn't hiding misery on your lower quarters and fenders (usually held in place with 3M tape)...
I know for sure that there are screws in the lower jambs to hold the kit in place.
You'll have to address this issue upon removal when holes will be then apparent.
Also you'll need new tubing for your exhaust, hopefully your parents still have the stock parts.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

You can find stock painted GT side skirts for like $130ish on ebay, newtakeoff, craigslist etc. I got mine from blueovalindustries, and I also have my textured V6 skirts laying around

Quick Reply: GT side skirts