Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New appearance mods installed, just in time for Summer

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Thanks Alec, I would definitely be doing the install myself if I had the right tools/equipment. I would just be concerned about the painting because I don't have any friends in the industry and these paint shops aren't exactly cheap.

As for the side markers, I'm way ahead of ya. I'm currently saving up for a new rifle, then afterwards it'll take me a paycheck or two to have enough for clear turn signals and side markers. I'm in the same boat as you, only in my case I know I'll be getting a 5.0, I just can't seem to stop putting money into this car and I'm getting really close to stop the major purchases altogether. Although if gas keeps shooting through the roof and it's unfathomable by graduation, I'll probably just be grabbing an X-charger or Vortech.

If you think it's worth it and are keeping your 4.0, I'd say go for it! After I had the muffler shop install it, he gave me a few revs while I was watching and I was quite happy with the results haha.
If I remember correctly the only tools you need is a Philips screwdriver and some deep well sockets. Not hard at all. As far as paint, I see you're in Orlando and I think so is Pascal, who is a Mod here and owns a body shop. I'd get in touch with him because he knows his stuff.

I tinted my sides and turns, and it's one of those small things that makes a big difference. And on the Vista Blue clears would look good.

I've been debating for a while what my overall goal with this car is. I was planning something big this year in terms of F/I or a V8, but an unexpected $2300 trans rebuild kind of put that on hold for a while. You're right about gas, F/I might be the way to go.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:15 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
If I remember correctly the only tools you need is a Philips screwdriver and some deep well sockets. Not hard at all. As far as paint, I see you're in Orlando and I think so is Pascal, who is a Mod here and owns a body shop. I'd get in touch with him because he knows his stuff.

I tinted my sides and turns, and it's one of those small things that makes a big difference. And on the Vista Blue clears would look good.

I've been debating for a while what my overall goal with this car is. I was planning something big this year in terms of F/I or a V8, but an unexpected $2300 trans rebuild kind of put that on hold for a while. You're right about gas, F/I might be the way to go.
Hmm good idea, I like the way you think haha. Yea I saw a few posts about your transmission troubles, I'm sorry to hear that. I've been in one accident with this car already and even though it wasn't catastrophic, I was crying hard inside. And we'll just have to wait and see about where the gas prices are at in 2012 and how the economy/job outlook is shaping up, unfortunately.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM
MustangMan1718
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I've been in one accident with this car already and even though it wasn't catastrophic, I was crying hard inside. And we'll just have to wait and see about where the gas prices are at in 2012 and how the economy/job outlook is shaping up, unfortunately.
I know EXACTLY how you feel on all of these as I am in the exact same boat. But I must say that yours is one of the most beautiful ponies that I have seen not only on here, but in general. If 5.0s weren't so amazingly tempting, I would say to just keep this car and throw on an X-Charger. It's almost a shame that Ford is as smart as they are with an enticing 400+ hp starting point as these bodystyles are down-right beautiful.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Looks really nice!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
HitandRunDriver

Clean setup....I like the two tone inside and the upgrades to the dash you did. the louvers look good paired with the quarter windows, but how hard is it to actually clean the windows with the rear aluminum louvers now?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:34 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks again everyone!

HitandRun- Back when I got the car, I didn't even know what an IUP was, I just thought it was a dealer option with the black door inserts and chrome dash haha. As for the window cleaning, I have yet to find out. I installed 4 brackets, so what I'll have to do is remove all 4 nuts, remove the louver completely, then clean the window and reinstall. A small price to pay I think.

MustangMan- You've no idea haha. I'd love to keep my car if there was a magic wand I could wave to give this car 400hp naturally aspirated! Thanks for the kind words, she's still a work in progress! Of course if I do sell her in the near future, I'll be stripping her for parts (dealership don't care how modified it is, they'll give blue book value) and I'm sure the members of this forum will benefit! This community has already given me so much in the form of knowledge and a feeling of unity that I'll be giving the 05-09 owners the first chance at used parts.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Looks good! Love it!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

Man thats a great job looks awesome! What I was really digging was the pcs. around the radio,where did you get those?That looks great as well
Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That looks fantastic. I love the rear window louvers.
A CS rear would look amazing on your can and just finish it up, IMO.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks D'prived and Tanner, I guess I'll have to just add a new rear to the list of mods... I've got some thinking to do between the CS and the GT500 rear... And of course I'd have to raise the exaust to sit flush with the cutouts and re-stripe the bumper. You all don't make it easy on a guy trying to save for other areas in life haha.

DrDeath- I'm not quite sure what you're referring to? Are you talking about the silver plastic trim or the blue welt? The welt I got from Ebay. Just search mustang welt. As for the plastic silver trim, that's the IUP directly from Ford, already installed when I purchased the car.

Quick Reply: New appearance mods installed, just in time for Summer