Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New appearance mods installed, just in time for Summer

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default New appearance mods installed, just in time for Summer

Welp, I finally installed the rear louver. After making some crap measurements on Saturday (1.5mm's off on 4 of 6 mounts), I finally got it right yesterday and waited the 24 hours and put her on not 2 hours ago. It looks great! I still have to tape the top of the louver because it doesn't really sit flush with the roof and I think it looks a little off. Included is an interior shot for those who are looking at this mod in the future and are concerned about visibility; don't be!

I also put in blue welt that I've seen some members put in over the past couple years (on the doors and the dash) and re-did my chrome tail light trim because the old pair was oxidizing horribly.

Here's some dirty pics for now, I'll post up some new ones after I get her washed and waxed on Thursday and I slap on my new AmericanMuscle.com windshield banner! I went a little slap happy with the pics, hope you don't mind.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Looks really good! I think a GT500 rear bumper would look awesome with the chin spoiler and textured rockers.

BTW how do you like the Pypes shorties?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:07 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Lookin good my friend. Are they the aluminum or plastic ones? The company that makes those is in my city and I've been considering purchasing the aluminum type. Have you noticed and rattling at highway speeds?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:20 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Looks great! like alec said, the gt500 rear bumper would complete the look.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:26 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Looks good bro...definate thumps up!
Alec is on the money with the rear bumper, would work well with your setup.
I love the 2 tone on the interior doors, good work there.
Sweet ride my man.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:18 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all of the support fellas! I also welcome constructive criticism, so to those who want to give me some negative opinions, go ahead; I've got tough skin haha.

Alec, JayBe, and Mayo- I was thinking about the rear bumper (probably the CS rear), but doesn't that cost a pretty penny? I've got basic painting skills, but not quite confident to prime, spray, and clear a bumper. Anyone do the install themselves?

Drfstir- I got the aluminum louver. IMO, the ABS textured louvers look like dookie and I also think they're too light and would hate to see it fly off at 70mph due to bad 3M adhesion. I'm happy to report that I have no rattle at all and I only used 4 out of the 6 brackets. I took a test drive after install and got up to 65 and of course the aluminum blades flex a little but that's it. The hardware doesn't flex either- very solid connections.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec

BTW how do you like the Pypes shorties?
Sorry Alec, forgot about this. I think they were a decent investment. Not exactly a ton of power to be had from the shorties (gasp) but they did do a wonderful job of eliminating a good deal of the raspyness at high rpms. So I guess it sort of depends on your idea of what's worth it and what isn't.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

The GT500 rear is the same as the CS, only difference is the lower side part of the valence is textured, unlike the CS which is painted. I think the textured side would go really well with the chin/rockers like I said. You can find takeoffs around (ebay, classifieds etc) reasonably priced, which is what I did. Only thing is the GT500 rear will cost a lot more through the dealer because it's a GT500 part/exclusive. I did the install myself, and with limited knowledge and tools. If you follow the write-ups that are around it's pretty easy.

Other thing is I think clear turn signals/side markers would look good too. All in all you've done her well

Thanks for the input on the Pypes. I've been debating whether I want to stick with the 4.0 or not and if I did, that would be one of my up and coming mods. I personally think they're a worthwhile mod. They look better, sound better, are lighter (every bit counts) and any additional hp free'd up is a bonus

Last edited by Alec; 05-03-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Very tastefully done
Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
The GT500 rear is the same as the CS, only difference is the lower side part of the valence is textured, unlike the CS which is painted. I think the textured side would go really well with the chin/rockers like I said. You can find takeoffs around (ebay, classifieds etc) reasonably priced, which is what I did. Only thing is the GT500 rear will cost a lot more through the dealer because it's a GT500 part/exclusive. I did the install myself, and with limited knowledge and tools. If you follow the write-ups that are around it's pretty easy.

Other thing is I think clear turn signals/side markers would look good too. All in all you've done her well

Thanks for the input on the Pypes. I've been debating whether I want to stick with the 4.0 or not and if I did, that would be one of my up and coming mods. I personally think they're a worthwhile mod. They look better, sound better, are lighter (every bit counts) and any additional hp free'd up is a bonus
Thanks Alec, I would definitely be doing the install myself if I had the right tools/equipment. I would just be concerned about the painting because I don't have any friends in the industry and these paint shops aren't exactly cheap.

As for the side markers, I'm way ahead of ya. I'm currently saving up for a new rifle, then afterwards it'll take me a paycheck or two to have enough for clear turn signals and side markers. I'm in the same boat as you, only in my case I know I'll be getting a 5.0, I just can't seem to stop putting money into this car and I'm getting really close to stop the major purchases altogether. Although if gas keeps shooting through the roof and it's unfathomable by graduation, I'll probably just be grabbing an X-charger or Vortech.

If you think it's worth it and are keeping your 4.0, I'd say go for it! After I had the muffler shop install it, he gave me a few revs while I was watching and I was quite happy with the results haha.

Quick Reply: New appearance mods installed, just in time for Summer