Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

BangaStang ? Anyone with issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

roflmao.. i'm full of fail...

the colormatch are only the bases.. the actual struts are still black..

seems these covers are made exclusively for bangastang.. wow...

although now it seems they've gotten $5 cheaper.. but out of stock... lol

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Engine_...rut_Covers.htm
Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

you guys are never gonna believe this.. i actually found the manufacturer of these..

http://billetandacrylic.com/

----------------------------------
Robb,
I can't find the program but no problem to do them. They would be 40.00 shipped. I've made bunches of them long ago for Bangastang.
Let me know and I'll send a PP invoice.
Tom

----- Original Message -----
To: 'tom hingle'
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:24 AM
Subject: RE: hood strut billet covers

Tom,
Thanks for the fast reply.. well it looks like they’re .625 diameter by 6.5” long which the billet covers would probably be in the .750 dia. range does the part number HSC01 mean anything to you?
Thanks again!
Robb

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:15 AM
To: Robb
Subject: Re: hood strut billet covers

Robb,
I think I have made them in the past, but would need the cylinder diameter and length measurement to confirm.
Tom
----- Original Message -----
To: billet@billetandacrylic.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:55 AM
Subject: hood strut billet covers

Hello,
I found your website and also see you on ebay, do you make a hood strut billet covers for the CPC nxt generation hood struts for 05-10 mustangs? I'm looking for a set of them.
thanks
Robb

-------------------------------------------------------

(yeah, i know, expensive, it is what it is..) but 14$ cheaper than i originally tried to get them from bangastang... wow.. i cannot believe i found them.. i'm excited..

i wonder who they're getting them from now.. B&A is still listed as the mfg. on the bangastang website..

ahh well..
Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

in case anybody wants them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en
Old 05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

See, clearer heads prevail
Old 05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by Derf00
See, clearer heads prevail
lol.. you are correct!

i need one of those Tom (Tom & Jerry) good angel cats to sit on my shoulder every time i want to fly off the handle..
Old 04-24-2012, 10:37 PM
jonbuckles

Default Bangastang.com

Off topic, I ordered a carbon fiber roof cover from bangastang.com on 4.12.12 and about a week later I saw that the money was put back in my account. Ive seen this happen before on orders from other places for things on back order. So I email them asking about my order a couple times now and have gotten no replies! Ill have to call them and see what the F*** is going on with my order when I get back stateside in a little bit. (afghan land is no fun)
Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I won their Best 2005-2010 GT Facebook competition on February 20 and still haven't seen the parts I won. When I emailed them questioning the status of my items, all the responses I have gotten from them are excuses. Based on this entire fiasco, I'm pretty sure I'll never order a part from them. They have terrible customer service. I regard them even lower than Blow By Racing and that's saying a lot.

By the way, when I asked them about the status of the items and referenced the contest on their Facebook page, they deleted my post off of their wall. Never even messaged me or even attempted to get a hold of me to resolve the issue. They have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. If you would like me to post the conversations in full, I would be gladly comply to that request.

Last edited by bakerjd; 04-24-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:41 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Get on their facebook page where they're constantly gloating over their "Hell Snake" GT500 "upgrade" that sounds like something an 11 year old doodled during math class.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 AM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

i was a facebook fan of bangastang, i got so sick of the same pics of that gay *** hell snake, i had to unlike them. every day it was the same carbon fiber gt500. i thought it was kinda nice at first but then the more i looked at it everyday, and the prices the tried to sale there used parts on facebook for the same price as new, i just couldnt take it, they are to exspensive and your not the only person i have heard stories about,
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Hell, the company name alone sounds - insulting - to the Mustang image. The name lends itself much better towards something like, "Bangacivic". And they call their Hell Snake an upgrade? Its a bunch of cheaply molded carbon fiber that hasn't even been baked, so it has no structural value whatsoever. My friends and I are considering opening a composites firm after engineering school (they're engineering students, I study aviation), and we would never even consider selling anything as low quality as their stuff. I'd take a stock GT500 over their $26,000 "upgrade" any day.

Bangastang is an insult to the Mustang image.

Quick Reply: BangaStang ? Anyone with issues?