Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Pics of my car...opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mystangisblack
Sorry, I failed to read your budget comment. Rims get pretty pricey, especially if you need new tires to go with. I really think these would look good though.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/19x85-...lack-9410.html
I wouldn't go any bigger than 18's for sure. It seems like you spend 600 bucks on a tuner and CAI, then suck that right back out by mounting up heavy rims.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:57 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

I'd definitely do louvers, mine came with them & I love them (they appear to be AM style). It really changes the look for the better imo as long as you can deal with them dripping water long after you wash your car (better keep a microfiber towel handy! )
Old 07-09-2011, 10:03 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

I'm really leaning towards these louvers:

http://www.wheelskin.com/dg-3180.html

Or black taillight trim and a black out panel that deletes the fake gas cap.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:05 PM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by poopile
I wouldn't go any bigger than 18's for sure. It seems like you spend 600 bucks on a tuner and CAI, then suck that right back out by mounting up heavy rims.
Yeah, I have 18s on mine. I love them. Louvers are a great and cheap way to change the look. I have them too.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:12 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mystangisblack
Yeah, I have 18s on mine. I love them. Louvers are a great and cheap way to change the look. I have them too.
Do you have a pic of your car? What part of Oklahoma do you live in? I'd like to see some deep dish black bullitts in person. I'm out west right on I-40.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:36 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

CDC front spoiler.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:17 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
CDC front spoiler.
Yeah, that was on the list at one time too, lol. Your car is lowered, right? Does your spoiler ever scrape on drives? That's why I hadn't thought about it too much yet. I live on a gravel road and it's a daily driver.

ETA: D' prived, your car is one of my favorites on here. Pretty much anything you do to your car would look good on a white one too. I get alot of ideas looking at your ride. You should be proud.

Last edited by poopile; 07-09-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Take it from another Okie, you will scrape a chin spoiler.
I have scraped my multiple times since I have had it, our roads freaking SUCK.
But I live around Okmulgee about 40 miles south of Tulsa, so its kind of po dunk little town. Maybe where you live would be better.

But even through the slight abuse its still looks great, just be careful and go slow. It would look awesome with your car. So would an aftermarket grille like you said.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:45 AM
lunyou
2nd Gear Member

My opinion is white is a clean color and the car needs to be cleanly modded. Busier colors can afford busier mods.

There are certain colors that have trouble being anything more than just "another color car". White comes close unless you work hard.

I'd say skip the louvers and save an extra round and go with the SHR flush mount louvers. They have the look goes should have went with.

Last edited by lunyou; 07-10-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:39 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by poopile
I here ya. I'm kinda old school, though. I like a little sidewall. I haven't seen them in person (I live in the boonies), but in pictures the black bullitts look to me like you can't see the spokes. Sounds silly I'm sure, but it's like you just can't see any detail, just a black blob.
Yes in pic's you will have a lack of deal, but in real life (when it counts)...beautiful baby!!!
Like Tanner said, black and white is sexy and I will go one further and suggest red accents for extra pop. One a budget like yours I would start with a black-out panel on the rear, followed by the clear corners. Then go shifter of choice.
If your bumper is jacked, I would just save up for a CS and slap on that baby...boom!
There are some sharp PW owners on this forum, check out there rides for ideas.

Last edited by mayo; 07-10-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Pics of my car...opinions needed