Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Pics of my car...opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 04:54 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

The color and style are a perfect match! You just have to make sure that you order either "silver" or "anthracite". My rims are anthracite. The centercaps didn't match, but all I did was take the "Ford" centercaps off of my old 17" rears and stuck them on the new 18's--problem solved.
I kept the rims/tires off of that car and put them on my GT. I'll post a more recent pic of my car so you can see a better view of these wheels.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:55 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by poopile
Man, everyone's doggin' my wheels! They're better than fan blades. If someone would buy my rifle, I would oblige the wheel haters. That's where my wheel funds are coming from.
Shoot, living in OK, you've got to have a market up there for rifles. That sure will give you some coin for wheels. What do ya got? Hunting rifle or competition? I'll be picking up an AR-15 next month in Ohio, sorry I couldn't help ya out there haha.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:29 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Hope there's no rule against gun pics, but here it is:

It's a U.S. made copy of a Steyr AUG. It's 1 of 140 made. Fantastic rifle and one of the best I've ever owned, but too rare for me to beat on, lol.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:24 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mystangisblack
I think some black Bullitt rims would look dirty...maybe 19s? idk, i'm not a big fan of those ones you got now, too much tire, not enough rim. I like low profile
^ This is what I would suggest as well. It will totally change the look of the car. From there all the other mods will stand out even more.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:58 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Wow that is a handsome rifle. Complete with a pistol grip and optics... lucky guy haha. The main reason I decided on an AR is that they're relatively cheap, shoot straight, and can take a decent beating. Sell that and you'll definitely have some funds for car upgrades. But you don't need a lot of money, you could do some small stuff... Those mirror caps I mentioned, or maybe a black billet fuel door, or headlight tinting are all relatively cheap depending on who you talk to.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:40 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

i would finish off the stripe. it looks weird to me just on the hood.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:20 AM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
i would finish off the stripe. it looks weird to me just on the hood.
I really didn't want it to begin with. It was just a temporary fix for the damaged paint on the hood. I had plans to pick up a fiberglass hood, but that's on hold. If I put them on the rest of the car, I'd just be tearing them off later. I thought it kinda resembled the '70 Mach 1 style a little.

Like this, but I had to go the full length to cover the crappy paint. I would love a shaker, too. Can't pay the dough for it though.

Last edited by poopile; 07-11-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 PM
DRVertigo103

I put a CDC classic chin spoiler on my car and aside from the wheels, I think it made the biggest difference in the appearance of my car. I live in Oklahoma City, and there aren't too many places where I'm too worried about scraping it either, car isn't lowered. But our roads still suck...

+1 on the honeycomb decklid blackout too
Old 07-11-2011, 07:07 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by poopile
I really didn't want it to begin with. It was just a temporary fix for the damaged paint on the hood. I had plans to pick up a fiberglass hood, but that's on hold. If I put them on the rest of the car, I'd just be tearing them off later. I thought it kinda resembled the '70 Mach 1 style a little.

Like this, but I had to go the full length to cover the crappy paint. I would love a shaker, too. Can't pay the dough for it though.

yea it kinda does. the shaker is probably cheaper than getting a whole new hood. You have to pay the cost for the hood+ paint and labor (and what ever else)
Old 07-12-2011, 06:09 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Blackout...you're welcome...lol jk

Quick Reply: Pics of my car...opinions needed