Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Front fascia opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Southern Stang 722
2nd Gear Member

Default Front fascia opinions

Hey guys and gals, whats up? Ok, so here's the deal the front stock bumper on my car is starting to bubble, and peel due to the shoddy paint job the previous owner had done before me. Now I have run it up on quite a few things on the very bottom and looks fairly torn up underneath.

So here's the deal lol. I'm looking at 3 options here. I'm looking at the CDC chin spoiler and will paint it to look like the c/s fascia with repainting the stock bumper. The chin will hide what is messed up on the stock bumper so that is one way.

The second way is just buying the c/s front fascia new and painting it to match my car. I really like the look of the c/s front which is why If i keep the stock bumper and do the chin I will paint it to look like it.

The third option is the Eleanor style. But instead of the fogs down below Either hide them or delete them and put a grill there. If I did this I would like to keep the stock fogs up top if possible, or even hide them behind a new grill insert.

Now here is where I need ya'lls help. Which of the three would you do and why? The price isn't a factor to me because sooner or later It's getting a cowl hood and a total respray. Who ever painted this car had no clue what so ever as to what they were doing. Which do you like the look of better? Thanks for the help folks........Cheers,
Justin
Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I currently have the CDC chin and while I love it, I only put it on temporarily to fix the overbite look that the stock bumper has! I will be going with either the roush front or GT500 conversion eventually. I do love the look of the CDC classic but often wish I had gone with the Agressive. Just throwing that out there. The cdc is a great option though. I suggest going with that based on your wants because you'll get a similiar look to the CS and save a bunch for that blower you want!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Southern Stang 722
2nd Gear Member

I like the way you think It's either getting forged and blown or a forged 5.4 with twins. Haven't figured out which way I want to go with it yet lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:19 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Go with the CS front! I did, I've got a 10 page thread in this section detailing the build with a cowl hood as well. I'm falling in love all over again with my mustang haha.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:42 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

I say Elanor just because you don't see it much! You always see people doing CS swaps, so why not do something different?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Southern Stang 722
2nd Gear Member

I do like being different for sure But I don't want to be an oddball either lmao
Old 07-25-2011, 08:13 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

I'd go with the eleanor, like previously said it would be more unique and you would not have to hide the fog lights just get a grille, Cervinis has one without the fog lights for $140
Old 07-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

I would get the Cervini C-Series. I'm alittle biased but there is no bumper imo that looks better.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

I love the CS hands down (I'm not biased lol )

But if you do get the Elanor one, don't think about lowering it, and if you do bye bye going up driveways and over speed bumps! lol
Old 07-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
I love the CS hands down (I'm not biased lol )

But if you do get the Elanor one, don't think about lowering it, and if you do bye bye going up driveways and over speed bumps! lol
Lowering and speed bumps are definitely out of the question with this bumper. Driveways have been fine actually, its declines that are the real issue.

Quick Reply: Front fascia opinions