Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Gt 500kr hood lettering

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Here is Shelby lettering
http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.a...FQFS7Aod31Ny0g

Ford lettering (There are three different options on that site)
http://www.cjponyparts.com/SCOTT-DRA...-1966/p/EMHL1/
I'm looking to get the letters too... but those letters on CJC look different than the actual Shelby letters here: https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...hood-pins.html

PS: I have a GT500 Bought it 5 days ago!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:01 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
I think either one would look good.. I got a similar hood from cervinis and did the Shelby badging and I think it looks good.. Don't try going straight across as the venom hood as well as my hood have lines towards the nose that force you to angle a bit.. Just go Outward from your center line.. Measure those letters on both sides evenly from dead front center and place accordingly
THIS is gorgeous... exactly what I'm doing! I'm calling Cervinis next week and ordering their hood (pictured) but still not sure where to get the actual lettering. I love this look, I'm going to use the actual Shelby aluminum hood pin kit as well with the plastic coated cables
Old 07-06-2012, 05:43 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

You can get the lettering direct from Shelby American for about the same price.

I have that Cervini's hood on my 2012 V6 - much to the dismay of local Shelby owners.

BTW, if your Shelby isn't a KR, other Shelby owners will give you grief for using the KR-style hood. However, I don't think that should let snide remarks from a few asshats stop you from doing whatever you want to your car. Finally, you can get the hood from American Muscle cheaper (especially if you use the forum discount) and faster than you can if you order direct from Cervini's.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
WildHorses67

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx

I have that Cervini's hood on my 2012 V6 - much to the dismay of local Shelby owners.

BTW, if your Shelby isn't a KR, other Shelby owners will give you grief for using the KR-style hood. However, I don't think that should let snide remarks from a few asshats stop you from doing whatever you want to your car. Finally, you can get the hood from American Muscle cheaper (especially if you use the forum discount) and faster than you can if you order direct from Cervini's.

your mustang looks awesome
Old 07-07-2012, 08:25 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Thank you so much!

Ironically, after making this post and continuing my searching, I almost immediately found three websites, including directly from Shelby, where those exact type letters were sold. I want to take off the SHELBY from my trunk deck, and add them across the lid, as well as the hood. So, I will need two pairs I'd assume since I don't think the trunk letters can be reused.

I wonder if the lettering templates for sale from a few websites like JLT or Farm Dog etc etc can be used on both the trunk and the hood?

As far as the other Shelby owners sobbing and screaming about the hood, hahaha! OH NO, grown men bellyaching about the look of MY hood on MY car that I paid for with MY money all because they think they are part of some exclusive club of awesomeness (I wonder if they all have a special knock and handshake and a sign on the door that says "No girlz allowed")!? Yeah, my total care-o-meter is showing negative numbers, didn't know that was possible. It's beyond hilariously pathetic when these silly goofs act butt-hurt over the fact someone else has body contours on their Shelbys that resemble other Shelbys, what a sad, sad joke. Hopefully, when I'm out of my 20's, and into my twilight years of life, I won't have the time or concern to scope out other car owners and turn my nose up at them and their $40-60,000 cars for not living up to my mentally challenged standards and pre-conceptions. Besides, my Shelby will eat KR's like half-price appetizers in less than a week anyway.

Last edited by MAXIMUS-GT; 07-07-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:15 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
Thank you so much!

Ironically, after making this post and continuing my searching, I almost immediately found three websites, including directly from Shelby, where those exact type letters were sold. I want to take off the SHELBY from my trunk deck, and add them across the lid, as well as the hood. So, I will need two pairs I'd assume since I don't think the trunk letters can be reused.
Well, you can reuse them, you just have to put new tape on 'em. It might be easier though to just go ahead and buy new ones, but at $60+ for the set, I'd at least try new tape first.

I wonder if the lettering templates for sale from a few websites like JLT or Farm Dog etc etc can be used on both the trunk and the hood?

Again, Shelby American sells the templates (last time I looked they were about $25). I believe the template will work for both the deck lid and the hood, but you might need two because you'll probably destroy the first one when you remove it after placing your letters.

As far as the other Shelby owners sobbing and screaming about the hood, hahaha! OH NO, grown men bellyaching about the look of MY hood on MY car that I paid for with MY money all because they think they are part of some exclusive club of awesomeness (I wonder if they all have a special knock and handshake and a sign on the door that says "No girlz allowed")!? Yeah, my total care-o-meter is showing negative numbers, didn't know that was possible. It's beyond hilariously pathetic when these silly goofs act butt-hurt over the fact someone else has body contours on their Shelbys that resemble other Shelbys, what a sad, sad joke. Hopefully, when I'm out of my 20's, and into my twilight years of life, I won't have the time or concern to scope out other car owners and turn my nose up at them and their $40-60,000 cars for not living up to my mentally challenged standards and pre-conceptions. Besides, my Shelby will eat KR's like half-price appetizers in less than a week anyway.
I just wanted to give you a heads up. My car doesn't say "GT500" (or any other variant of that) or "SHELBY" anywhere on the car. They (some Shelby owners) hate my car simply because it's white with blue stripes, and some even hate it because it also has a KR-style hood on it. While my intent wasn't to make a Shelby, I'm real close to just going ahead and buying the SHELBY letters and putting them on the car to intentionally **** them off (I don't want to go through life UNINTENTIONALLY pissing anyone off).
Old 07-09-2012, 12:37 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

I just wanted to give you a heads up. My car doesn't say "GT500" (or any other variant of that) or "SHELBY" anywhere on the car. They (some Shelby owners) hate my car simply because it's white with blue stripes, and some even hate it because it also has a KR-style hood on it. While my intent wasn't to make a Shelby, I'm real close to just going ahead and buying the SHELBY letters and putting them on the car to intentionally **** them off (I don't want to go through life UNINTENTIONALLY pissing anyone off).
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 PM
ssalaverry1

Hello, can somebody tell me where to get those shelby letters for the hood. It seems shelby america doesn't sell them anymore. I just found the set for the trunk that looks different than the one for the hood.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:02 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssalaverry1
Hello, can somebody tell me where to get those shelby letters for the hood. It seems shelby america doesn't sell them anymore. I just found the set for the trunk that looks different than the one for the hood.
Late Model Restoration sells the new style (2007-2014):

New Style

Scott Drake sells the old style (67-70):

Old style

You can also get the new style from Ford.

BTW, Since the last time I posted in this thread, I've gone ahead and put the letters on my car, and posted a measuring guide on my car's web page that will help you space the letters (that will save you $25 for the template). Go here:

http://paddedwall.org/main_2012musta...#FinalBodyMods

Last edited by jsimmonstx; 04-30-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 AM
HIS S-197
1st Gear Member

BTW, Since the last time I posted in this thread, I've gone ahead and put the letters on my car, and posted a measuring guide on my car's web page that will help you space the letters (that will save you $25 for the template). Go here:
http://paddedwall.org/main_2012musta...#FinalBodyMods
The lettering really brings the front end together since you didn't run the stripes all the way down your hood; strong work.

Nice build page, BTW.

Quick Reply: Gt 500kr hood lettering