Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #21
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT View Post
yah small world. Can't wait to see Sid back on the ice. One of the games I went to last year early in the season Sid scored the game winning goal in a shootout. Was awesome.
Definitely looking forward to seeing him back on the ice! Wish I had 1/2 the talent Sid has!
Good chattin bro.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

- 2005, 4.0 - Missing 2 cylinders :-/
- SCT Xcal3 w/ Brenspeed Custom Tunes
- Airaid CAI
- Pypes Streetpro Exhaust
- AM Front Chin Spoiler
- AM Quarter window louvers
- SHR honeycomb decklid panel
- Cobra R wheels
- Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
- Billet Honeycomb Chrome Front Grille Overlay
- Smoked tail lights & turn signals, Mustang 3rd brake light decal
- Raxiom sequential tail light kit
kevinmalec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #22
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005,Ford, Mustang

Sweet Ride man Im jealous.

Mods: Tunable Induction CAI, Bama 93 Race Tune, Magnaflow True Duals Exhaust with X-pipe, TruFiber Cobra Roadster Ram Air Hood, Billet Hood Pins, Black Billet grille, Roush front fascia and chin spoiler, Razzi rocker panels, Razzi rear valance, 18" Polished Bullitts, Quarter Window Louvers, Powered by Ford emblems, 1969 pillar ornaments, GT Spoiler, Limo Tint, Painted Shelby stripes, 2011 GT New Take off leather seat skins.
05MineralGrayV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #23
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Vehicle: 08 Snake
Send a message via AIM to 5SPD07GT

Thanks man. Where in WV?

SOLD
Air Ride Equipped
5SPD07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #24
07ShelbyGT20

Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Shelby GT

Quote:
Wow, this was a pain. The pushpins were too short to go thru the splitter, washer, and secure into the body. I tried a few different techniques and nothing would work. I have about $225 invested in the project so rather than just toss them I said F it and just mounted them with 3m two sided tape. I used two jacks to hold them in place and then apply pressure. To my surprise they held really really well. The tape has a good bond and they are snug. It started getting dark so I put it back in the garage. I think I'm going to use 3 self tapping screws just for peace of mind. I don't want them flapping around and flying off while cruising down the interstate. I'll put one screw at each end and one in the middle. I hate to half *** it but I got frustrated and ran out of options. On to the pics, it got dark on me...

Click the image to open in full size.

Hey I know I'm pretty late but did you ever find a better way of securing the side splitters? I'm about to attempt this project and want to know whats the best way of pulling it off. -Tyler
07ShelbyGT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #25
svastano
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 Visa V6

Looks Great!

2007 V6 Vista Blue, Billet Grill, CAI, FR500's, GT Rockers, Fang Chin Spoiler, Pypes X Pipe and GT Take Off's. Stainless Short Headers. Shaker Hood Scoop.
svastano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #26
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT/SS

Quote:
So after seeing the Roush sideskirt splitters on the 10+ mustangs I wanted to put them on my 08 GT500. I am planning on having the sideskirts painted body color and with the air ride I wanted something to protect the bottoms of them. The Roush side splitters were the perfect solution but they do not make them for the 05-09s so I picked up a set and am in the process of modifying them to fit my 08 Here is the progess I've made so far.

First off, I had to cut all the "bumps" off that recess in the 10+. In the 08s these will need to sit flush. Since I cut out the bumps I bought 2in washers from Lowes to all me to use the supplied push pins when time comes to install them. The holes all line up with the 05-09s. I didn't want the splitters to be plain black plastic so I went with Zportas suggestion and picked up some 3m carbon fiber dinoc. Todays job was putting the dinoc on the splitters. I finished it earlier this afternoon. Now I just need to find some free time to finish up the install. Pics of the progess so far...

I'm so glad you did this since I've been wanting to the same thing to mine for a long time now but I did not know if they would fit. But now that I see they do its on my list

'2011 Mustang Forum Ride of the Year"

My 5.0 Mag feature: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...model_citizen/
CarDomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3382054
Vossen Wheels: http://www.vossenwheels.com/
Trufiber: http://www.trufiber.com/
CutterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #27
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

I bought a set of these from an inventory cleanout earlier, debating if I also want new rocker panels unpainted to go with them, also need a front splitter

SMR#2064
Mods: Steeda CAI, FRPP hotrod's, Black GT500 staggered 18's, GT/CS front end, Airlift Suspension, and more
Lem-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #28
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lem-06 View Post
I bought a set of these from an inventory cleanout earlier, debating if I also want new rocker panels unpainted to go with them, also need a front splitter
They have any more???
Old 12-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #29
cleangraystang

Vehicle: 2009 ford mustang

That Shelby looks really good I love the low look and the side skirts look great .. Good job.
cleangraystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:50 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
0509, 10, 2008, 5spd07gt, mustang, parts, roush, s197, side, skirt, splitter, splitters