2005-2009 S197 Appearance SectionFor all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
A little project I've been working on. 10+ Roush sideskirt splitters on 05-09
So after seeing the Roush sideskirt splitters on the 10+ mustangs I wanted to put them on my 08 GT500. I am planning on having the sideskirts painted body color and with the air ride I wanted something to protect the bottoms of them. The Roush side splitters were the perfect solution but they do not make them for the 05-09s so I picked up a set and am in the process of modifying them to fit my 08 Here is the progess I've made so far.
First off, I had to cut all the "bumps" off that recess in the 10+. In the 08s these will need to sit flush. Since I cut out the bumps I bought 2in washers from Lowes to all me to use the supplied push pins when time comes to install them. The holes all line up with the 05-09s. I didn't want the splitters to be plain black plastic so I went with Zportas suggestion and picked up some 3m carbon fiber dinoc. Todays job was putting the dinoc on the splitters. I finished it earlier this afternoon. Now I just need to find some free time to finish up the install. Pics of the progess so far...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Wow, this was a pain. The pushpins were too short to go thru the splitter, washer, and secure into the body. I tried a few different techniques and nothing would work. I have about $225 invested in the project so rather than just toss them I said F it and just mounted them with 3m two sided tape. I used two jacks to hold them in place and then apply pressure. To my surprise they held really really well. The tape has a good bond and they are snug. It started getting dark so I put it back in the garage. I think I'm going to use 3 self tapping screws just for peace of mind. I don't want them flapping around and flying off while cruising down the interstate. I'll put one screw at each end and one in the middle. I hate to half *** it but I got frustrated and ran out of options. On to the pics, it got dark on me...
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor