Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Quarter Window Delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:48 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Remove 1/4 glass and use it as a template for some sheet metal to weld on. Sand down, primer, paint, profit. Now my question is what do you intend to do for the interior when everyone who looks inside is like "what is with those random holes"?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Remove 1/4 glass and use it as a template for some sheet metal to weld on. Sand down, primer, paint, profit. Now my question is what do you intend to do for the interior when everyone who looks inside is like "what is with those random holes"?
I made a clear plastic template - converted it to wood - converted it to metal

I currently have a plate and now I need to decide what kind of scoops I should make my prototype with.

Now of course I don't plan on making them just random holes haha

I'm going to open the scoops with a hot - hot - hot knife or other means - then I'm going to cut my plate into a duct system with dampers so you don't have a tornado in the rear seat. I'll put a stiff metal screen on the openings in the vent

I can't decide whether or not I'll use a lever to open and close them, or an electric servo set...

But by summer I will have functional quarter vents just like the original!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:59 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
WITHOUT LOOKING because I have made a mental note of whats there...

Or if he IS there, you already
know without looking...
Seems pretty simple to me.
Quarter windows don't make a damn difference changing lanes regardless if they are covered or not since they are quite far back. And as for your "mental capabilities", that's all find and dandy if you have two or so cars on the road but if you have inconsiderate or aggressive drivers that changes lanes abruptly and you think they are still where they were in your mental image, well, you better get you insurance card ready because if you try to explain your theory to the police, they will laugh at you and say you should have looked.

As for calling others lazy, it seems changing lanes without looking is quite lazy.

Last edited by SilverStallion05; 11-12-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

I have almost no blind spot with my mirrors on either side. Literally none on the left.

Unless its open road with not many cars at all, I always look. I learned that when I was in my work truck and almost slammed side into a van who's driver thought he was Dale Jr.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverStallion05
I see no difference between that and louvers. I can't see out of my louvers as it is.
You got the wrong ones. I can see out the Silverhorse louvres just fine....just don't go cheap on body mods.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:49 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Meester_Vapor
You got the wrong ones. I can see out the Silverhorse louvres just fine....just don't go cheap on body mods.
+1 I saw the inside of a mustang with SHR louvres at a show and you could see out of them ok.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

How is getting a style you like considered cheap? And by the way, I checked that price on your Silverhorse louvers and mine were more expensive.

Last edited by SilverStallion05; 11-13-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:26 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

How is getting a style you like considered cheap? And by the way, I checked that price on your Silverhorse louvers and mine were more expensive.
I think he was hinting at the amount of work you have to put in to have SHR louvres vs stick ons. Even if you pay to have a shop do it it is expensive. Plus, it is alot more permanent.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, I don't like the lick and stick ones...they look like an AutoZone part or something.

Paid more for something that looks cheaper....um. Win?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Paid more for something that looks cheaper....um. Win?
It all comes to what style you like. I like the more upfront expensive ones. And they are not held on with tape. And as for cost of installation, that also varies. I know this guy with an '08 Bullit who has the same "expensive" louvers as yours and removed his window with duct tape and a hammer. Therefore You can't say yours are more expensive in total.

Also, who are you to call what other people have cheap?

Last edited by SilverStallion05; 11-14-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Quarter Window Delete