Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

What to do with $400?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
ML_Mustang
1st Gear Member

I can respect that, I guess I just gotta wait a little while longer! and yeah I might be using that price match in the future. Thanks for the insight on the visibility, and would you recommend just buying the black billet grill for PP mustangs on AM? I've also heard you have to switch out your lower grill to add a billet grill to it, as its different than the regular v6. What was your experience with the lower billet?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ML_Mustang
I can respect that, I guess I just gotta wait a little while longer! and yeah I might be using that price match in the future. Thanks for the insight on the visibility, and would you recommend just buying the black billet grill for PP mustangs on AM? I've also heard you have to switch out your lower grill to add a billet grill to it, as its different than the regular v6. What was your experience with the lower billet?
Yes, looking back I would probally just have bought the black. The lower portion was a pain. I didn't want to buy the lower plastic grill insert because yes the PP is different. I ended up having my cousin fabricate new hardware to install it. He bent the ones that came with the kit and we made two "custom" ones to fit the PP lower grill. We also had to shave a portion of the plastic insert because it did not sit flush. But when we were done it fit perfect. Or you could just get the standard V-6 insert!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:02 PM
IA Shelby
1st Gear Member

Put in the bank and save up for real mods.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Personally I've never even used the back windows of my car...so louvers wouldn't really hurt I think.
a set of blind spot mirrors for your fronts take away the need for one really.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:59 PM
ML_Mustang
1st Gear Member

hotwheelracer - If I end up getting the billet grill as part of this 400 i'm spending, I might be asking you about it again! Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
IA Shelby - I wish I had the patience for that:/ hahaha
Kput - true, very easy fix if I do get the louvers. thanks!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

If you are looking to black out the car you could get a can of plasti-dip at a hardware store and black out your rims. That would look pretty awesome with Vista.
A chin spoiler is a must, beefing up the V6 front bumper is a really good place to start on our cars, or just swapping for a GT bumper (the conversion is about $400).
I really like the white stripes on a blue car, but it would look very nice without it as well. I had a black side stripe on mine when I first got it. Debated for a few months on pulling it off, finally did it an haven't looked back.

Good looking car, a really nice start.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by IA Shelby
Put in the bank and save up for real mods.
Thanks killjoy, we can't all afford a GT 500.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

On regard to the 2010 style raxiom smoked. I just installed em today and they look great. Gonna take pics soon.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Throw it my way...Merry Christmas!!!! lol
Old 12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

FWIW, this is just me saying what I would do if I had Vista Blue, and is strictly my opinion. That said Its your car, so mods are meant to make you happy and not anyone else on this forum. Disclaimer aside, on to what I want to say.

I dont know why you would go for a blacked out look on a vista car. 99% of the time Id take the blackout look over white and chrome, but vista is IMO one of the very very few colors where white and chrome works. Its a classic look, and If I was you, id be going straight for some classic white lemans stripes and keeping the chrome accents, including the bully wheels.

The pony package grille is something kind of unique. After wrestling with that one myself, Ive decided I love the classic, distinctive pony styling.

With these cars, saving money to do something right the first time is critical. I wouldnt look at overlay billet grilles, no offense to those that have them. Cervini has a full replacement for $150. If youre gonna do it, do it right.

As far as small interior things, I dont know how louvers would look from the interior, especially for people in the back seat. If you have a manual, I HATED the stock shift ****. Get a cueball from shelby, Ive seen some that are even blue w white stripes

If you cant afford a hood, mayhaps look at a bolt on scoop? I just think the stocker is too plain.

Just throwin out ideas m8. Its your car, do what makes you happy. But if I was you, id be going for the classic look all the way.

Quick Reply: What to do with $400?