Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

California Special Grill Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:47 AM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

Default California Special Grill Question

I bought a California Special front bumper, used, and its missing the lower honeycomb grills. These are the ones that go on both sides between the opening on the bottom. I know some people have drilled into these for foglights, or cooling ducts.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can buy the 2 small stock grill pieces?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:05 PM
rpietro
1st Gear Member

Unless you're looking for something used, you can certainly get them new from any Ford dealer. Also, if you're interested, there is a center pieces that fits between these two side pieces available from Sliver Horse Racing. +/-$100.00. I have one on my GT/CS and it hides the radiator and gives the front end a more finished look.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

Yea, I'm definitely digging those grills from SHR. Plus, I'm considering getting a Bullitt upper grill, and that would definitely tie everything in together.

I was just wondering if anyone knows, off the top of their head, anywhere else to get those grills, as I imagine they won't be too cheap from Ford.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Bullitt Grille, SH Racing lower grill, and Shelby PIAA lights and ducts kit.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:20 PM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

How much were those lights?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Eh pricey LOL, but they looks and and work good. The lights you can get anywhere though, there just standard PIAA lights, but the kicker is you need a small bracket to mount them but it's included with the lights from Shelby not the plastic parts, if I had saw them before hand I could have made the bracket though it's just an L with a couple holes in 1/4 aluminum.

Here is a link with the lights and the ducts... http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewP...41&SortOrder=2
Old 06-11-2010, 01:42 PM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

Yea, definitely cool, but a bit too pricey for me. Looks great though

Anyone on those stock CS grills?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfire

Same combo as Starfire but in black, it is pricey but damn it finishes off the CS bumper.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:38 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfire

Starfire, don't mean to jack this thread, but what grille is that you have? (upper) And do you think PIAA lights are worth it? I'm thinking about them.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:31 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Yeah you'll have to go to a Ford dealer to get those honeycomb grilles. They run $71 each net, I got them discount $51/ea I think..something around there. They cost about $48 or so on ebay plus freight so you won't save money there. Just gotta bite the bullet on this one. You could try to contact the guy who works at I think it was called Bradshaw Ford in CA that goes on these forums and see what he can do.

I never saw those lights but those do look good. The price? Ouch. The front valence cost me as much as the bulbs alone practically. But it is a sweet mod.

Is the middle piece really necessary? The GT front valence doesn't come with honey combs there either. I might pick it up but I'm not sure if it hides the pillars that are next to the stock honeycombs. I have it painted white and it is getting installed soon. I was going to get a roush front valence but that thing is just a long large sucker, almost reminds me of the front of a steam engine by how much I'd be adding up there. Sticks out like 5-7" beyond stock and gives you a 5/8" drop. I'd definitely tear that thing up just by driving around town and parking in lots and in front of buildings. That shelby front valence looks like a better choice and it is really cool how you can even add those lights in later on. That is very unique. Gotta keep these cars unique, not looking like everyone else's.

Well I may post pics once I get it done. I said in the other thread but someone already chimed in with a gt500 front end on that thread lol. I dunno what's with that. I don't want a gt500 front valence, I'm not a gt500 guy. This car is where it's at for me.

Quick Reply: California Special Grill Question