Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Rear Bumper Selection help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
The bumper from stylin trucks is actually an OE replacement
I have ordered stuff from these guys before back in the dodge dakota days and was pleased with there product and service.
$200 for that front bumper is so damn tempting...somebody step up!!!lol
Old 01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Here is Tousley's bumper, 238 dollars plus shipping. And it IS OEM.

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/part...Bumper%20cover
Oh snap... Bookmarked.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Oh snap... Bookmarked.
Thanks for all of the responses guys. I think my actual question was missed though. I was wondering if there was a big difference between the replacement and accessory kits. I think I remember hearing that the accessory kit package comes with screws and what not, but I didn't think they were worth the added price.

Now that that link from Tousley was posted I think it's even more confusing. The $238 part does not apparently come with anything. If you click on the details button it shows a breakdown of the parts needed to install the bumper and it will end up costing a lot more than $238 if you have to buy all those extra parts. Can anyone vouch for the part Tousley? If not then I'll probably end up calling and that truck place and verifying the accessory kit part number.

Someone mentioned that it wasn't a real ford part, but I found I believe I found it by Googling the ford part #. Also, I'm not concerned about a warranty for a bumper...it's not fiberglass, its not painted and it doesn't have any moving parts.

Last edited by Topless Stang; 01-25-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:09 PM
ShMcK
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Oh snap... Bookmarked.
+1 there.. I assume if you buy the CS bumper cover that you need to buy different clips to secure it. Unless it uses the same clips as a stock V6?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

You will want to get the "replacement" one. When changing out the bumper on a V6 to the CS I belave it does need extra hardware that the V6 doe not have.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
You will want to get the "replacement" one. When changing out the bumper on a V6 to the CS I belave it does need extra hardware that the V6 doe not have.
I was under the same impression (sort of)....I read that the one to get was the accessory kit(6R3Z-6320049-BA) instead of the replacement part. The poster said that the replacement part was a direct replacement of the bumper only and didn't come with any extras, but the accessory kit was just that, a kit that came with installation accessories...rivets, clips, etc. I was just looking for additional clarification prior to plunking down $350. I'm guessing for pieceof mind I'll order the $350 part since shipping is only $12 vs paying for freight shipping from Tousley or anywhere else.

It's also listed here and states that it comes with extra parts for installation:
http://www.primepartssuperstore.com/...subcat3=134214

The difference in parts is also broken down here:
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...456360/index3/

Last edited by Topless Stang; 01-25-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all of the input guys! I pulled the trigger last night on the one from the Ford dealer on eBay. All of the other places utilize freight shipping which is normally at least around $100+. The shipping for the one I got was $12 and the total ended up being just under $365 delivered to my door. Now I'm off to find a write up on how to install it. If anyone has done it here can you rate the difficulty? I'm no shade tree mechanic...the most I've done is brakes and oil changes. On my plate sometime before the summer I'd like to get this one, my exhaust done and hopefully attempt to install my GT takeoff rear end (this is the one that I'm most scared of!).
Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Wayno

According to the description of the bumper cvr at stylintrucks, it is not OEM. It is the full bumper and currently at $222.02 and free shipping man I am tempted. I would definately love to see how it stacks up to the OEM piece. If anyone buys it, please let us know how it fits etc. I may take a chance.

I have had a bad experience with a "Keystone" (chinese) repro 93 front bumper years ago. Returned two of them before I said the hell with it and bought the OEM piece which was COMPLETELY WAY BETTER IN QUALITY.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I stand corrected. It's OE, not OEM. While I don't care all that much about a bumper warranty, I do care about Ford OEM Quality and fitment. At $222 shipped for the OE piece vs $363 shipped (net difference of $141) I'd rather pay the extra and be assured that it will fit great and comes with everything needed to install it...BUT On the other hand I'd still be interested in the fitment of the piece from Stylin Trucks.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:15 PM
DPHC13
1st Gear Member

I don't get this statement: "For affordable bumper cover, purchase Replacement Bumper Cover! This Replacement Bumper Cover is readily made not just to add stylish look but to protect your bumpers from dents and scratches. It is manufactured from tough steel and plastic materials"

I don't get the "protect your bumpers from dents and scratches"???? Sounds odd.

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper Selection help