Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Got in a fender bender

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by sbmiller24
As for the CS bumper, do you know if they sell them pre-painted? I would be most interested in that because of my fear of getting a bad paint job.
Unfortunately, they don't come pre-painted but if you do your home work in your area, you should be able to find a good shop.
Also, vista blue isn't a hard color to match...
Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
sbmiller24

@pascal
Ahh! I gotcha! I guess since Vista Blue is a darker color and metallic, I thought it would be hard to match but I take your word for it. I will definitely look into this option as well.
As for a temporary fix until I get a new bumper, what could I do to prevent more paint from peeling away?
Thanks!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I don't know at this point, it's kinda bad where it shrinks.
Maybe some clear contact glue at the edges of the flaking areas...
Old 02-06-2012, 09:45 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

thats pretty much the going price to remove and paint the bumper, thow in some repairs, 5-600.00. looks like maybe a bracket is bent or something too. regardless which direction you go, the paint will match up fine, mine has been repainted twice from deer hits.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

@tigercrazy718
Thanks! I will definitely be looking into Guillory's Automotive. I know buying a whole new bumper for such a relatively small blemish sound extreme, but some parts on the rest of the bumper were also somewhat in bad shape. I guess the previous owner had also gotten in a fender bender and I didn't know about it? Oh well.

@pascal
Thanks for the info! I am not exactly sure what those quotes included being that I got them over the phone with out the collision repair people actually looking at the car. I've read a some of your old posts and you seem to be very wise in the automotive paint field.
As for the CS bumper, do you know if they sell them pre-painted? I would be most interested in that because of my fear of getting a bad paint job.
o yea and btw ask to talk to vernie
Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

@Rocket237
Thanks for the reply! So are you suggesting that the paint shop only paint the side of the bumper that the blemish was on? I am worried about the paint quality not being up to par, and then the clear coat or something coming off in the future like it has on my 96 Chevy Silverado.
!
Yes, That may be the cheapest option imo. Yeah there is a chance it wont match, but good body men can virtually make any color match these days. And like I said, you have ''naturai'' borders too ''hide'' any discolorations. imo.
Good luck w/any route you take, Buddy had a newer camaro get the same treatment at a restaurant parking lot Ya just cant win sometimes.......
Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
sbmiller24

Thank all of y'all for your suggestions! The only thing now is coming up with the money. As a high school senior, I am scraping for any money I can get and am trying to save so I will have something to spend when I get to LSU.
BTW, I really like the GT/CS bumper and would definitely consider getting it.

@tigercrazy718
I searched online about Guillory's. I've yet to call them but will get in touch. Thank you for the suggestion!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

Thank all of y'all for your suggestions! The only thing now is coming up with the money. As a high school senior, I am scraping for any money I can get and am trying to save so I will have something to spend when I get to LSU.

@tigercrazy718
I searched online about Guillory's. I've yet to call them but will get in touch. Thank you for the suggestion!
just wondering, have you checked with your insurance co? hit and run might be under comprehensive, i had a hit and run to my car, pretty minor, but they got caught and the other insurance paid. 2 deer hits, $5000 in damage just on the first one, cost me $100, 2nd one was 2,000+ cost $100 too
Old 02-07-2012, 11:19 PM
sbmiller24

@amustangrocks
(facepalm) I don't know why I didn't think about using my insurance. Do you think the other person would have to be caught though? And would they possibly use a body shop that I wanted?
Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

@tigercrazy718
no problem. im actually leaving my car with them over the wknd to get the hood finished up lol

Quick Reply: Got in a fender bender